Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luxembourg P200 March 2019, 18,000k
Battery issue. Help and advise.
I have for a few months on and off had the warning "low battery start car" this is on when I get in the car and also after driving. I am retired so even with Covid my driving style has not changed a great deal. The only thing missing from my long term driving habit is 2 or 3 long holiday journeys of a total of 6,000.
Today I delivered the car by arrangement to the service department of the main dealer. I got the "how unusual, have you changed your driving habits" did not get, to my surprise "you are the first customer to mention this"
I then went to the sales department and spoke to a salesman and the sales manager. Lots of concern and looks of "never heard this before" Then a promises to talk to the service department who have my car for the day.
My question. Is this a rare event or a known fault with E Pace, Jaguars in general or has technology become a Covid victim as modern batteries and modern cars can only exist when driven hard.
What should I expect Jaguar to say later today?
Thanks. PS Car kept in a garage at all times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:shock: :evil:
Hi
Same issue for a P250 2018 14000km; car is by dealer for a new battery. (only short distances so the battery suffer.....?)
01.2020 SOS not working a new antenna is installed (on guarantee)
01.2021 SOS not working a new antenna is installed (on guarantee) ???????????

sorry for my poor english better in french LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dagimax said:
:shock: :evil:
Hi
Same issue for a P250 2018 14000km; car is by dealer for a new battery. (only short distances so the battery suffer.....?)
01.2020 SOS not working a new antenna is installed (on guarantee)
01.2021 SOS not working a new antenna is installed (on guarantee) ???????????

sorry for my poor english better in french LOL
You English great. My French is bad and my Luxembourgish is bad, bad, bad, bad.

Update.
I am promised a new battery under guarantee. Unfortunately the MAIN DEALER does not have in stock! I have the car back and wait for a new battery early next week. I am assured there will be no charge. I will wait to see next week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All.

I had this low battery issue up to a couple of weeks ago.

It occurred to me that I was using Incontrol remote/app on a daily basis during lockdown really just as a pass time.

Have not used the In control/app to contact the car since.

Car has travelled 3 miles in 2 weeks, not garaged and in the coldest weather of the winter and has not advised of a low battery.

Are any of you using the app/remote frequently to contact your car?

I do not know what strain Incontrol puts on the battery.

I'm not saying it's definitely the cause- but it seems to have worked for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well same here. 9000miles on a 2020 model. Just done a 2hr trip 100mile. Parked and locked overnight and STILL getting low battery when opening the door. I wonder if Jag are buying small or cheap batteries. Dealer call next

·
Registered
295 Posts
It’s unlikely to be the battery failing as opposed to umpteen other issues. In my case it was linked to a sensor in the windscreen which manifests as the automatic lights staying on all the time and rain sensing wipers not working. Ended up a broken wire on the battery side which the tech said was probably causing the low battery warning I was also getting despite daily driving. He was right. Issue for me was the first trip to dealer the car wasn’t checked by the garage electrical guru, who when he was involved second time around 100% knew the problem. May not be your issue but check lights and rain sensor wipers or also apparently alarm can go off intermittently.

That all said this car turns on a lot of stuff as soon as you get in and battery ain’t the best so at that age it’s plausible it’s on the way out.

I do a lot of short journeys now since the issue and am glad I don’t have the battery concern anymore as it’s not used to start the car the car anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts