Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I currently have a set of 20 inch alloys on my E-Pace, however, feel they are a little small and would like to go bigger to 21 inch. I like the Style 5053 Jaguar alloys and think they would suit the E-Pace better.

Has anyone else gone bigger? And what are the implications of doing this? i.e. is the ride harsher? Do you lose the comfort of the 20's? Any help/information on this would be highly useful to me before taking the plunge.

My previous Evoque came with standard 20's and I went in the deep end with 22's. They filled the arches nicely, however, were a very harsh ride and made the car feel very heavy and difficult to drive. I wouldn't do that again. Hence why I have not considered 22's at all for the E-Pace.

Attachments

G

·
If ride comfort means anything to you, I would advise you stay at 20" max. They're standard on my HSE and it feels jittery at low speeds so think larger wheels may unsettle things further. Just my opinion of course :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wanting different rims myself. I had the factory SE rims and find them bulky. Have not had a chance to replace them, but from what I have read most people agree with the 20" max for comfort. Now...sometimes a little loss in comfort for coolness is not a bad thing. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coincidentally I'm picking up a set of 21 inch wheels tomorrow and should be fitting them on Saturday morning.

Will upload pictures once fitted and report back on the ride/comfort etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really had a chance to take it for a nice long drive to test them properly for road noise/comfort etc. But the drive home from the garage was quite pleasant. It wasn't rickety. In fact, it drove quite well, whereas before on the 20s I thought it was very soft and light. The car feels much more connected to the road in the 21s. I am pleasantly surprised.

I also prefer the lower profile tyres and the arches have filled in quite nicely, although the rears still have a weird looking gap.

Will provide a further update once I've taken it for a longer drive.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got a question : wherever I look I find that the tyre size for the E-Pace are 245/45R20 or 245/45R21.

Isn't that odd ?
How could they both have 11cm sidewalls.. the 21 wheels with tyres on are obviously bigger so the speed parameter etc.. should be incorrectly displayed ?
I also thought the height of the sidewalls was the main parameter for the comfort, but is it ?

What am I not getting ?

ps @rash60 : I saw that you've put 245/40R21 tyres on yours and that makes sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts