Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Our E pace which has been well looked after , service at at jaguar dealer etc, has now developed some faults.
First off the app says the car is asleep, so now we can't see the car etc on it.
The connectivity side of the infotainment seems to be down.
There's no sim card in, but mobile data is switched on and won't switch off via the toggle switch, WiFi won't pick any WiFi signals up even tho it searches.
Now we got the low battery please start issue.
I've charged the battery up overnight and that seems good today (for now).
I've no issue changing the battery if need be, but the connectivity side is what's bugging me and the app saying its asleep.
Anyone had this/these issues.

Thanks

Ps , I rang jag uk, they say to take to a jag garage (obviously)but they want 200 quid just to look at it to investigate, so no guarantee o can get any money back from that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is your remote subscription still valid? Assuming you bought the car from new the subscription lasts 3 years and then you have to renew it if you want the services.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, so your subscriptions are ok. Recently I had a problem of not being able to log in, see….

I am not sure you have the same problem, but mine was solved by a trip to the dealer who sorted out a corrupted unit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can reset the communications module. Make sure you are in an area with good connectivity and press and hold the wrench button (up by the sunglasses holder) until the light starts blinking. Then wait a couple of minutes and see if that fixes it.
I wouldn't leap into changing the battery, you might need the dealer to get the car working again after the battery is disconnected.
I have had similar problems to you and it took the dealer days and multiple Jaguar technical support call to get it all working again, all under the original warranty. They updated the software in some modules and went through a very precise reset procedure to get everything to reconnect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi thanks
I would have been connecting another battery via leads when changing so no issue on a full disconnection, there would always be power.
Did they honour yours out of warranty?
I have pressed and held the spanner button, which flashed fast then I let go and it just blinked, it's still blinks days later now .
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi thanks
I would have been connecting another battery via leads when changing so no issue on a full disconnection, there would always be power.
Did they honour yours out of warranty?
I have pressed and held the spanner button, which flashed fast then I let go and it just blinked, it's still blinks days later now .
Thanks
Oh dear, that makes it more likely that you need to take the car to a dealer. That reset procedure came from the i-Pace forum, which run the same software. Its worth a fair bit of googling for suggestions to see if there is anything else you can try yourself.
Mine was fixed under the original 3 year new car warranty with no quibble at all, it was fixed at the 2nd service. They had the car for over a week and spent hours on it. They didn't share much about what they did, but it involved updating software in some of the modules and a very complicated reset procedure that involved leaving the car for 3 days so it went fully to sleep.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had also problems with the battery...."low battery please start"...when i charged the battery, after a few days..;the same message. After 10 days stand still the battery was completely empty. I recharged again and had the battery tested and they said it was still very good....but i decided to replace it....problems are gone now. Car is 4 yrs old with only 20000kms.

·
Registered
108 Posts
And no need for connecting another battery while changing it.....all the settings in the infotainment will not be lost, don't worry....only settings in the instrument cluster will be lost, few minutes to adjust them again. The battery needs to be coded to the car so the system knows there's a new battery installed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can reset the communications module. Make sure you are in an area with good connectivity and press and hold the wrench button (up by the sunglasses holder) until the light starts blinking. Then wait a couple of minutes and see if that fixes it.
I wouldn't leap into changing the battery, you might need the dealer to get the car working again after the battery is disconnected.
I have had similar problems to you and it took the dealer days and multiple Jaguar technical support call to get it all working again, all under the original warranty. They updated the software in some modules and went through a very precise reset procedure to get everything to reconnect.
My battery was disconnected for 1 hour.....reconnected and had no problem...no warninglights at all. Just perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update, ive been working away this week (car at home as the wife uses it) checked the app and its all working again now.
Still throws up low battery but everything g in the car is back to normal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts