Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - mark from Warwick. I have a 4 week old (Dynamic S 180D) AWD with manual box.

It is going back to the dealer as I have an ever increasing list of issues for them to look at. Does anyone else had similar problems? Most of the issues are on this forum specifically so appear to be quite common - and include:

No air Con
Battery issues
No start / stop
bonnet fitting / closure
Advance key not recognised
Intermittent issue with entertainment not picking up song / radio stations
Parking brake not auto releasing

Do I have a dud car??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi buddy my main issue in the infotainment system sometimes freezes going in next monday bonnet clonks a bit when closing but ok apart from that I love mine and it looks the part with 19" grey alloys and black roof sets the firenze red off great .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cub1
Your not alone. I love the car and the spec but have had the air con problem, the start stop problem, was told my battery was low on amps and needed charging after 4 weeks, I've had the intermittent problem with my wifi connection not recognising the sim card. The bonnet to be honest needs a good slam with having the 2 catches. I haven't had the park brake problem yet but I have had a problem with my passenger headlight which now needs the whole unit replaced after 2 attempts to rectify. Another issue I have is with the homelink. It works however the range is only about 30% of my last 3 cars with homelink, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
Apart from that, everything's great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yip, 8 weeks old and I've now been in touch with dealer to arrange for 4 issues to be addressed on manual R-dynamic. These being 1. Air Con poor (dealer stated it was on recall, a known fix). 2. Auto stop/start has never worked, was never an issue in my Evoque. 3. Bonnet needs to be slammed shut then pressed into position. 4. Car can accelerate in 5th and 6th without touching peddles even on a slight incline. The dealer also stated that their is a recall for reversing light issues (mine is fine) and also ESC on manuals? C'est la vie......the price you pay for being first in line with a new model. I know I should kick off but loving the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Everyone, I had the hard to shut bonnet, it is fairly easy to adjust, check that both loops on the bonnet are fairly evenly matched in length, one of mine was about 8mm longer than the other, just use 13mm spanner on adjusting nut , also check rubber buffers , mine were screwed out a long way, I screwed them right down , and test closed bonnet until I was happy with amount of effort to close, and alignment, mine now shuts and latches both sides when dropped from about 10"

G

·
I had a very badly aligned bonnet (the shut line along the leading edge wasn't straight). Air Con problem too. One of the rear arch liners was loose too.
The range for the key is very poor. Have to be very close for it to take any action when pressing the buttons.
5 dealers visits and it finally seems to be as it should be

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, to cub1 try turning your air-con off, then see if your stop /start works then, this worked for me, but mine has been in today and hvac reset, now aircon and stop start work perfectly, hope this helps you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Been into local dealer today. Managed to get air con working by changing module. Have replaced bonnet seal (which was a Jag recall) and also run one software update. Have to take car back for a couple of days more as a major 3 hour plus software update needs doing and they think the passenger wing mirror is not corrected properly. Start /stop issue they think is linked to battery error message and may be software in monitoring falsely telling car battery is low! Lots of updates and errors to fix! The joys.

At least I have air con and still love the car. Far better ride to my old Audi Q5!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts