Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A couple of small issues if someone could help me with please.

1. Does Street View work with the maps? I can get a satellite type view, but no street view. If I search for a major landmark, e.g. Buckingham Palace, it comes up with a nice Street View graphic; but not with any old address.

2. Every year I get a new 12GB 3 Sim card for in-car data. This year I thought I'd register the new card with 3 and top it up whenever needed. When registering the number, 3 sends a text password to the new sim. Unfortunately I can't read this message in the car. On my previous car (an A7) I could view text messages from the in-car Sim or the connected phone. The Jag doesn't seem to do this. I could dump the sim card in a phone to check the message, but I'd rather leave the sim in the car for now if it's just a quick config change.

Cheers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2. No configuration settings in the car I'm afraid. You will have to call 3 and inform them that you are using the sim in a device that cannot accept text messages. They will then bypass the text message manually on their end and activate the sim without the need for the text message. I went through the same process after reading several posts on here about similar issues faced by others.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the street view question, the satnav displays a sort of street view like picture when you get near a destination that's in its database e.g. a town centre, at about the moment it starts offering you local parking. Never found it much use myself

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Cheers. Yes I suspected as much. I recall on my old Audi I could zoom into the Google Map and it would display street view - very useful. But due to licensing issues Audi withdrew the function.

I may have fiddle with Google Maps through Android Auto and see what it can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.