Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In response, the only way I'll be travelling the Stelvio is with four wheels and an engine and I'll keep an eye open for valve caps on the doormat, but not holding my breath :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tablets and smart phones have orientation sensors so that they know which way up it is when taking a photo. The orientation info is then saved in the EXIF data in the image file. Most photo viewers on computers read this info and display the image the correct way up [for us to see]. When you upload the image to a site like this, the EXIF data is disregarded and the image is shown in its raw [rotated] state.

I learnt this the hard way as a system I've developed needed to be able to upload photos and the users were often uploading rotated images. I had to add a tool so they could rotate them :roll:

If it does show as rotated on the computer, edit it to rotate it, then save it as a different file.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BilboBaggins said:
Tablets and smart phones have orientation sensors so that they know which way up it is when taking a photo. The orientation info is then saved in the EXIF data in the image file. Most photo viewers on computers read this info and display the image the correct way up [for us to see]. When you upload the image to a site like this, the EXIF data is disregarded and the image is shown in its raw [rotated] state.

I learnt this the hard way as a system I've developed needed to be able to upload photos and the users were often uploading rotated images. I had to add a tool so they could rotate them :roll:

If it does show as rotated on the computer, edit it to rotate it, then save it as a different file.
Thank you for your help. :D I hope it is corrected now. Not sure why, but it has been bothering me all day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts