Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D180 and have approx 5300 miles on the clock.
Adblue warning 'in 1243 miles car will not start' recommend 12ltrs be added.
Today I have had a warning that a service is due?
Checked recommended service interval at 21000miles.
Anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Booked a service this morning, there are 2 recalls which may be the reason a service is required.
As far as ad blue is concerned I am responsible for supply as I don't have a service contract. 7000 miles before top up seems very short?. My XE was 2.5 years old when part ext and had approx 16000 miles on the clock and no ad blue top up. I had a service contract on the XE (same engine) and only used one of the included services which is the reason I did not include a service contract on the Epace.

G

·
I added 12 lts of AdBlue the other day and it was exactly the consumption suggested in the manual which is 500 miles per litre.

I have seen other owners saying that they were having problems with filter messages by only making short low speed journeys.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My car is telling me that it needs a service at around 13000 miles. Called the dealership to book it in and they said that's too soon (the handbook says 21000 miles for a diesel). Apparently there is a recall to fix a problem where the service indicator on the dash reports service due too early. So it's going in to have that done instead of the service. I wonder when this fault was spotted - looking at earlier posts on this thread some of you may already have had early services carried out, perhaps unnecessarily?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes me too. My service light came on after 13700 miles. Phoned the dealer who rumbled off some crap story about my emissions or some bull, to be honest I'm fed up with excuses each time I phone with an issue. I've also just topped up for the third time of adblue, using more than double the amount my Evoque did for the same engine. Something strange with this model.

G

·
mfl said:
My car is telling me that it needs a service at around 13000 miles. Called the dealership to book it in and they said that's too soon (the handbook says 21000 miles for a diesel). Apparently there is a recall to fix a problem where the service indicator on the dash reports service due too early. So it's going in to have that done instead of the service. I wonder when this fault was spotted - looking at earlier posts on this thread some of you may already have had early services carried out, perhaps unnecessarily?
Almost exactly the same with ours, been back to have the service reminder reset and it's come on again at about 13,000 miles. It's only 18 months old.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the recall done last Friday and now the car is saying the first service will be due at around 18500 miles, which seems reasonable, so that seems to have solved the problem.

Chopper602, did your dealer actually correct the fault that caused the recall? If all they did was reset the service reminder it's not surprising that the fault has reappeared.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts