Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted in latest software thread but thought it needed a separate thread.

Luxembourg
I have just had a run out to concentrate on adaptive cruise control (ACC) I have been used to cruise control (CC) on the X5 which I only tended to use on long trips on motorways.
Todays experiment was on urban roads 50k and 90k with traffic lights and roundabouts.
First point is not sure how many "lenths" I should set in those circumstances. Is it three or less and what to set in due course for motorways.
I found I had to hold my nerve and sometimes did not as I came up to slowing and/or stationary traffic. Roundabouts were scary with and without a car in front.
Overall an exciting 30 minutes. I will try again later.
Any tips, advice or reassurance? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use it mostly on motorways or other open roads. Not on roundabouts - that was very brave of you! It's pretty easy to disengage and then resume. I tend to stick to two lengths. Look out for people cutting into your lane ahead of you and then going slower. It can be slow to react, leading to late braking. May need to hit the brake pedal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes I really don't think it's a good idea for roundabouts. The car you are following could be going too fast and you'd follow them into a hedge...

It's not a Tesla (not that they are infallible either...).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love ACC!
It is such an inexpensive option for the amount of technology involved. It makes a huge difference to my fatigue level on long motorway trips.
Just be careful when you are slowing down behind a car which is stopping at a red light and they change out of your lane at the last minute.
You will accelerate to your set speed and go straight though the red light 😮

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gfplux said:
Just posted in latest software thread but thought it needed a separate thread.

Luxembourg
I have just had a run out to concentrate on adaptive cruise control (ACC) I have been used to cruise control (CC) on the X5 which I only tended to use on long trips on motorways.
Todays experiment was on urban roads 50k and 90k with traffic lights and roundabouts.
First point is not sure how many "lenths" I should set in those circumstances. Is it three or less and what to set in due course for motorways.
I found I had to hold my nerve and sometimes did not as I came up to slowing and/or stationary traffic. Roundabouts were scary with and without a car in front.
Overall an exciting 30 minutes. I will try again later.
Any tips, advice or reassurance? Thanks.
How are you getting on with ACC these days? I just tried it for the first time and found the car's slowing in response to traffic to be a bit too sudden, and rather unnerving...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts