Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone optioned the dynamic drive (alters the damper settings along with the car settings)
Can you tell the difference it makes to the suspension and is it a worthwhile addition?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spec'ed both Adaptive Dynamics and Configurable Dynamics on my P250 SE.

Based on a couple of weeks of driving, Adaptive Dynamics does make a noticable difference once you start driving quickly. The suspension gets perceptibly firmer. That said, the base dynamics of the car are taut and responsive so whether this really makes a big difference depends very much on your driving style, perceptions and expectations of the car.

I'm glad to have these features, having had the same features on my Audi until recently, but the E-Pace is so engaging in the standard specification I think it's less important on this car.

Eoin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Curious: does anyone here use Configurable Dynamics for anything in particular (ignore adaptive dynamics/suspension please)

I figure if I switch from eco/comfort to Dynamic mode, I want the factory "dynamic" setting for everything... what/why would I want to change that? Any real uses anyone has found?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think you're right, Configurable Dynamics is an option I got that I probably wouldn't get if I was to buy again. I played around with it at first but, as you say, if I want to switch to dynamic, then it makes sense to set up all parameters in dynamic mode. The only advantage is that it's the only way I know to confirm that I actually have the Adaptive Dynamics option as I can change suspension settings!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, I have the configurable dynamics and use it sometimes for the steering, as you can have the steering in comfort mode while in dynamic , then it's not so stiff as in normal dynamic mode, I prefer it that way (more feel to it), and have the possibility to set the suspension to soft (comfort) if I wish.

William.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In theory it's nice to have the control. For example when I have the family with me, if I was in Dynamic mode the suspension might be too firm to be comfortable so I could switch that but leave the rest of the settings as dynamic. But in reality, I don't think I'll need to use it very often.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some cars need this . For instance m sport bmw to make it more comfortable for everyday use. Person I just deleted m sport suspension from new for free and that gets me the best ride.
The car is designed to work optimum with standard suspension and would only add adaptive if it made it more comfortable not firmer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Big question for me is does adaptive suspension make the car more comfortable?
Firm ride is always the complaint from reviews so does this address that?
Not interested in firmer sportier setup just better ride quality
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts