Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused!
Reviews have always criticised the poor ride and it looks like Jag added adaptive suspension to address this issue.
However on a test drive I didn't find it too bad but am considering adding it to my build. But then I found the following and it appears they may have changed suspension form original reviews in the standard setup to accommodate adaptive as an extra?
I'm not interested in firming it up just more comfort. So question is does adaptive achieve this or just do the former , especially given what I found bellow?

Tenneco Supplying Suspension Technology on Jaguar E-PACE SUV
Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a global supplier of Ride Performance and Clean Air products and systems, will supply suspension technology for the Jaguar E-PACE compact SUV. Tenneco's conventional front strut and rear shock absorber will be standard equipment on the vehicle, while the Continuously Variable Semi-Active (CVSAe) suspension system from its Monroe® Intelligent Suspension portfolio will be included in the adaptive dynamics package.

One of the industry's most proven advanced suspension technologies over the last decade, Tenneco's CVSAe dampers are integrated in the Jaguar Land Rover Adaptive dynamic system, that senses road and driving conditions in real-time, independently adjusting each damper to provide a more comfortable and controlled driving experience.

"By continuously adjusting damping levels, Tenneco's precision-engineered CVSAe technology offers drivers an optimal balance of handling and comfort," said Neville Rudd, senior vice president, Tenneco Global Ride Control. "The compact SUV segment is fast-growing and competitive, and Tenneco's advanced suspension technology solutions provide OE customers a way to differentiate their models in the marketplace. In addition, consumers benefit from enhanced comfort, control and the freedom to select the ride to fit their needs."

Tenneco is a leader in advanced ride control systems for the OE market, offering vehicle manufacturers a range of passive and advanced suspension technology solutions. The company supplies the Jaguar E-PACE front strut and rear shock from its manufacturing facilities in Gliwice, Poland and Hodkovice, Czech Republic and the CVSAe suspension system from its facility in Ermua, Spain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

To start with are you sure about the test drive car what it had normal setup or the adaptive, I feel am bit fool as the F pace they offered me to test drive I think had adaptive suspension I drove over hump without slowing it down while test driving and that car went like as if there was no hump on road like butter. When mine came in I drove it to test over hump and everything fell off :D including me as mine is standard suspension.

Something is different on that test drive car and mine that is what I feel.

Would be worth checking again the test drive car.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No , drove three new cars all with normal suspension ana all were better than expected given the reviews. So now wondering if the monroe system was introduced in the passive and active state on 2019my when adaptive was made an option making even the standard now better?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts