Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would be grateful for any advice from owners of E Pace particularly the petrol models as I am considering buying a used 2018 year and I am concerned about the summary in the What Car Reliability Survey 2021 :

"Faults are rife on the E-Pace, with 45% of cars going wrong. Bodywork, interior trim and sat-nav issues were the most common gripes, but a high proportion (11%) of owners reported engine problems. Repairs were free in 97% of cases, but just over half of the faulty cars were at the garage for more than a week."

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
No problems with mine - P200.
I had a P250 XE before this and again, no problems.
In general the petrols seemed to have less issues than the diesels - especially with the XE - and the engines are the same across the range.

Reactions: RobertT

·
Registered
84 Posts
2018 P250 31,000 miles. Its had a lot of software issues and a fair few electronic components have needed to be replaced, all done under the new car warranty. Mechanically, the only failure was the VVT Solenoid which was making an awful noise when you accelerated. Overall the car has spent about 4 weeks at the dealer in 3.5 years, when complicated stuff goes wrong it takes an age for the dealer to get Jaguar tech support to investigate it. They used to hand out loan cars pretty freely, not so much since Covid. They are really nice cars so I hope this doesn't put you off, but I would strongly recommend a cast iron warranty and an absolute commitment from the dealer that the car is working properly in every detail when its handed over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2018 P250 29000 miles (46700 km).
Lock/unlock receiver module replaced due to 'key not recognised', 'touch pro' blank screen on start up a couple of times and other than that no problems

Reactions: RobertT

·
Registered
50 Posts
2018 P250 38,000 miles, from new.
No major issues or work done/needed.

During lockdown #1, when the car never got used for 3 months the battery ran completely flat, Jaguar assist came out, detected a software fault which they fixed there and then, and replaced the battery. Then two weeks out of warranty an engine sensor went (cost me £156 including main dealer labour costs).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Gen 1 had a lot of faults. The petrols including my 2018 (19 MY) suffered from a coolant fan issue which was a big job. I had 2 replacements then they added a software fix so not a problem. Ensure its been updated.
I would also make sure you can live with the atrocious fuel economy if you mostly are an urban driver as its a heavy car.

Get a Jaguar warranty in the deal which includes Jag Assist. A 2018 car should have most issues sorted by now I suppose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts