Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was out in our E-Pace today and the vehicle appeared to trigger AEB we think, not sure if it was AEB but this is what happened.

Brakes engaged and the vehicle came to a stop, then it went into neutral and then park. At this point it was not possible to put the hazard warning lights on, the engine then needed to be restarted.

All of this a bit of a shock as there was no other vehicles in front of the E-Pace, luckily the car and lorries behind were aware of the problem and managed to stop before hitting our car. So what may have trigger AEB, dealer has asked if we can return the car so they can check it, they even offered to collect it?

With all the onboard electronics and gadgets it would be useful if logs and records are kept of the various events and errors that may have occured, almost like a black box, if this does exist the dealership maybe keen to get hold of these logs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE : Currently at the dealership and I've been told that I cannot have my car back as they've found a number of fault codes that relate to this incident and they feel its too much of risk. Issues have been escalated to Jaguar not sure how long it will take to resolve and when we'll get our car back?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not going well at all.....

Jaguar still sending engineering teams to inspect our car, so cause of fault still unknown. The two salesmen who were involved and to be honest were helpful have left the dealership. Jaguar Finance, Jaguar Dealership & Jaguar cars seem to be unable to communicate, I'm becoming the problem manager.

I've now formally rejected the car, which has triggered a whole set of issues, Jaguar Finance saying they need Jaguar Dealership to complete forms which requires Jaguar cars to confirm the fault, which they don't know. Dealership are starting to reference that the car is 2nd hand with 500miles and is not worth what I paid, not my problem. Also it was purchased using employee discount therefore replace would not include discount as it's one discount per customer and is assigned to vehicle.

At a complete loss now, set Monday as the date for a confirmed delivery date otherwise I walk away from deal and purchase Nissan X-Trail.

Jaguar executive team are involved, I'm guessing I will never know the true cause of the fault due liability and other issues. My biggest concern and I think Jaguars is how many other E-Pace vehicles are affected by this fault? I'm guessing most drivers do not have the front collision detection enabled, it's off by default. If you enable it a green icon appears in the dash. Also if this issue relates to front sensors it may affect the adaptive cruise control system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Escalated the issue this morning and no fault report available, but magically a fault report appeared with 'No Fault Found' & that the AEB was never triggered which seems very convenient. Have to question why its taken nearly four weeks to establish this

Now dealership do not have to find replacement car and Jaguar are just walking away from the problem.

Worst car purchase I have ever made.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts