Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Air con not cooling

14K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  hcblue 
#1 ·
First outing in the sun in the E-Pace yesterday.
Air con on - check
Auto control on - check
Synch om - check
Both left and right dials reading same set point - good
Adjust down to a confortable 20C
Fan kicks in - blasting warm air, but think, OK, will take a while to start to run cool. Exterior temp 22C
20 mins later - fan still blasting warm air
Reduced set point to 16C - no change
Anyone else had this problem? Bit disappointing in a brand new car. Aircon clearly not checked in PDI!

#2 ·
Hi NAH1
had the same problem with mine. Firstly you could check the fan settings in the climate options, there are 3 settings, if this does not help it will need a trip to the dealer to be gassed up. Mine went back to the dealer and now works as it should.
Hope this helps.
AdeG

#3 ·
Hi AdeG.
Many thanks for the quick reply.
No joy with the fan settings, so it looks like re-gassing will also be needed in my case.
It kind of begs the question why, though doesn't it? Was the system as supplied by the manufacturer not gassed, or does it have a leak? If it has a leak, what's to stop it happening again, a few months down the track?
Did the garage say anything about the root cause of the problem, when they fixed yours?
NAH1

#4 ·
All they said was that they are sometimes low on delivery, so begs another question, why do they not check this. i do not think they check much before delivery because my previous car was a F Pace which was handed over to me with 49 psi in each corner when it should have been 33psi, so you may want to check tyre pressures.

Cheers AdeG

#5 ·
First hot day of the year jumped in the car to pop down the shops and the air con was blowing warm air . So I thought when I got home I'll just have a quick Google to see if I was doing anything wrong. Hey presto ,brought me straight to this forum looks like a trip to the dealer . Didn't expect to be doing that after 2 weeks and 500 miles :eek:

#7 ·
I'm glad I found this forum, I picked up my E-Pace just under three weeks ago and there have been a couple of issues - the lack of air con discovered over the past few days has prompted a trip back into the dealer to fix - almost a shame it will be a bit cooler by then!

I tried all settings, sometimes there is a quirk that means activating to 'Lo' or the minimum will not work as well as trying 17 or above... I have tried all combinations / settings / strength and after 40 mins, it was still hot air... I am slightly happy it's turned out to be a commonality and not 'user error'!

(I've also had a strong burning smell at 300 miles and a problem with the auto Stop / Start). Having said all that - I love the car and am really happy I chose it. :)

#9 ·
Seems the burning smell, auto start /stop, air con seem to be a common glitch it the first delivered batches of cars. As long as they can be repaired it's OK, still a great car to drive. I've got a headlight out too after a 1000 miles but a trip to the garage on Tuesday will hopefully get everything in order.

#10 ·
I picked up a new e pace on Monday. When the weather got warm on Wednesday noticed the air con wasn't cool. It went back to the dealer on Friday... Low on gas but also an issue with the fan connections. It's still with them and they are updating me on Monday. They have given me another e pace in its place and found out this afternoon that it has exactly the same problem!!!! The dealer is claiming it's a fluke but reading these reviews I suspect it's a wider problem!

#11 ·
Same problem here. We jumped into the car yesterday on a lovely Saturday and off to Loch Lomond! Turned on air con and it's blasting hot air! Much fiddling around and trying different things and it's definitely not working! Back to the dealer from runs as well.

#12 ·
Car with dealer yesterday. Problem allegedly solved by HVAC software update. Explanation - Jaguar changed the mechanical design of the aircon system, but this required modified control software to function correctly. Unfortunately the software change lagged the hardware change in production.
Haven't yet had warm enough weather to confirm all now OK.

#13 ·
Air con was working fine till today... slightly bizzare that it now blows out super cool air (when on air con mode) on passenger side but red hot air on drivers side!? Tried all different setting and passenger side I can alter to my hearts content BUT the drivers side vents seem will only blow hot air :(. Am I being stupid and not tried the obvious?

Cheers.

#15 ·
Hi, mine has been in today, hvac software updated, vehicle apparently denied existence of air-con!! All working fine now, also stop /start would previously only work if air-con was off, but even that works every time now

#16 ·
D180 S went in yesterday for:
Air con problem.
USB stick with music not recognised. No pathway for transfer of music to the car.
SIM card not recognised about 40% of the time.

A full software download was attempted and failed on 2 occasions.
Eventually I was informed that the infotainment module? needed to be replaced. This unit is expected tomorrow.
I hope this is resolved tomorrow so that I can have my (fully functioning) car back.
By the way picked up a nail in rear near side tyre. Took me 18 months to achieve this milestone in my XE, only 6 weeks in my epace.
Really enjoying my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.