Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any owner tell me if there is an altimeter buried anywhere in the E-Pace's digital instrumentation? It's not a deal-breaker, but the altimeter on our current Mitsubishi is incredibly useful.
The likelier deal-breaker will be the general ignorance and indifference of the salesman, as in:
"Can you tell me what servicing costs are?" "You'd need to speak to the service manager."
"Can you tell me about the road-tax threshold? Is it £40,000 or £40,830?" "You'd need to speak to the DVLA."
"Will you swap my dashcam from the old car?" "Pass. Probably. I don't know. Maybe chargeable."
I almost wanted to ask: "Do you think I'd get better service buying a Volvo XC40?", but I'd probably have been told: "Please yourself."

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not aware of one - I have to ask what did you use it for, I am only familiar with its use in aerospace?
As for dealers they are all much of a muchness, volvo were dreadful in stockport, spent more time selling us insurance than they did the car! BMW were good and had an expert on the car who answered every query, Peugeot were good and again knowledgeable, everyone else pretty much ignored us!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We live in a wide expanse of hill country with a choice of different roads in and out. The shortest road is the highest hill road. We have saved ourselves getting stuck several times when the morning's forecast has said: "Snow at 1000ft, 700ft and so on." Having an altimeter in the instruments is also very entertaining. More than you think before you own one. Yes, you're right: it's classic OCD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I recall, when I was tooling around in the Range Rover Evoque it had one... definitely had a cool compass screen. I checked back in the E-Pace for a similar screen and never found one... 40/60 (yes/no) if I was betting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Many thanks for bringing an Altimeter to my attention and what it does. I have downloaded the app to my phone and watch. For those with the spec, can this then not be displayed on the screen ? Had fun playing with this today..........Cheers PhilS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts