Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
I ordered my Jaguar E Pace R Dynamic S on the 7th of July and been REALLY giddy ever since !
I have tried to keep in touch with the gent whom i bought it from at the dealership but i do feel as though now the sale happened im an inconvenience. I have asked to be kept in the loop of what is happening and coming to the end of another month, with no real idea of what was happening, i got my other half to call as i didn't want to seem like i was mithering. I got home to the news he had instantly been given a date of the 19th of September, however he didn't get more information as to what is actually happening on that date as the salesman told him he would follow up with an email. Its been another 5 days with still no email.
Am i being Neurotic or should the after service be better than the above ?
I really do feel like a child at Christmas waiting for this car but this is starting to take the excitement and shine of the experience :(

Thank you !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
looks like you have quite an optimistic date. I have ordered mine end of March and I'm still waiting. I was told it might arrive in "June"..."July"..."definetly August".... "this Week on the 20. August"... now they've told me "next Week" we will see. I guess it needs some patience to get an E-Pace :-D
But no worries I was phoning also every now and then to get an Update. By now I think the just don't know it themselves :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, don't think you are. Although mine came on time, I had some queries after and the salesman couldn't be bothered to reply to my e-mails.
I had the same trouble with my previous car, a BMW. Had to chase them all the time for updates. Seems to be a dealership thing. Customer service training appears to be lacking in the car sales trade. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quite normal really, based on my experience of buying 33 new cars over the last 54 years. I ordered my P250 on 17th July 2017, which was delivered on 5th March 2018. In fairness it is rarely the dealer's fault, as the manufacturer seldom keeps them adequately informed, especially about problems with a new model.

From my contacts in the trade and various motor clubs I was better informed than my JLR dealer, and information tended to flow from me to them. If you would like to know why my P250 was eight months in arriving, ask you dealer about the turbo! The good news is that it was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered mine beginning of June, it was built 23rd July and delivered to dealer on 22nd August. Apparently I also have the 2019 spec which JLR began building to around mid July. Having it ceramic coated at the dealers and collecting on 1st September. Been to inspect it, and it's gorgeous, can't wait for Saturday. Dealer is Guy Salmon in Bristol and they have kept be posted all the way through, no complaints at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies !

So I finally got a email back on Friday to inform me that the car will be arriving into the Country on the 19th (or at least it is up to now) and that coming closer to the date now I should hear more from him.
This is the first car I have bought from new so in the complete unknown.
Do you normally get asked to go and inspect it before collection ?
Also I know you may not know but from experience when it "arrives into the country" how long on average can it be until you can actually go get it ? Im getting it from Bolton from there new Jaguar/LandRover garage :)
I just keep thinking its almost September, I can almost hopefully say I get my car this month !!
Good Luck everyone

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Jessica - I've ordered from the jaguar dealer in Bolton as well (great prices!!). I ordered mine on the 8th August so still waiting to hear.

Is yours in the country on the 19th September? Hopefully that will be mine in a month's time!!! I'm assuming end of month ish for delivery and preparation..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts