Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
There's information only about full animated lights (front and rear, which are part of matrix lights). But there's still no information about only rear ones. Which looks like there's only software update to do, because lamps are same.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really struggle to understand marketing.

Animated blinkers are a visual advertisement that that a vehicle is "cutting edge" - only the top brands currently have this technology.

So why would a manufacturer go to the expense to design the animated lights and then disable them.

One could argue that it an option that generates income, but the owner of the vehicle will normally never see the blinkers working, so why would they pay extra for them.

If I was running the show I would activate them on all e paces to get the brand noticed on the road.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jph said:
Animated blinkers are a visual advertisement that that a vehicle is "cutting edge" - only the top brands currently have this technology.

If I was running the show I would activate them on all e paces to get the brand noticed on the road.
I kind of agree

When I first saw a car with them I thought "ooh, fancy"... then I saw a few more and thought "okay"... then a few more and I thought "that's kind of obnoxious and annoying"...

I'm not so sure only 'luxury' cars have them anymore, I'm pretty sure I saw them on ones that probably wouldn't qualify as such

But to your point, it should be included with an on/off toggle switch in the settings if someone already opted for LED

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why jag refuse to offer it as a software upgrade is beyond belief.
Unless it's because when ordering new people think they are actually getting something physical.? Not paying 100 quid for absolutely nothing extra than an ECU setting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts