Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering at the end of August and been given a end of December delivery, it was then moved to the beginning of January, the the beginning of February.

So I asked them to save it until March 1st to have a 19 plate which was agreed and a delivery time finalised.

I've now just been told Jaguar has found an issue with the particulate filter so no cars of my spec will be delivered.

They are making an announcement on the 7th of March, but the dealer has no idea what is happening after that or how long I may have to wait.

Needles to say I am starting to get a little frustrated. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased mine in March 2018, and have had the DPF replaced last month. My dealer charged me for it as stated that it was not covered under warranty. Currently have a complaint open with JLR because of this and the fact that the car switched from amber to red warning in a day, so no real warning or chance to complete the regen.

Interesting to read this update with the same model as mine

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's ridiculous your right to complain, surely all parts of the car apart from tyres wipers etc are under warranty for 3 years and as for this dog fault I've ordered that car and on Monday I had an email update informing me my delivery date of 22nd of March is looking like it's goin to be here earlier than expected so maybe it's not all the d150 2wd r dynamic s models that have been affected, perhaps it's just a small 'batch' of them? Anyone else with any kind of answer please help us get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just like to add that my dealer also knows nothing of this and is insisting the cars are fine however if your saying they're making an announcement on the 7th, which seems strangely delayed if there is a problem now that customers should be aware of, then maybe my dealer is withholding this information until an announcement has been made.
Just out of curiosity did they indicate in any way what the 'problem' with the dpf is/was?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting, so they haven't charged you twice... seems that dealers are very inconsistent when it comes to replacements/updates. Mine has only done around 3000 miles and am still waiting for an explanation on the issue and why I had to pay when I hear more and more people that haven't

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all - they did read me out a lengthy notice direct from Jaguar, I think it mentioned something about the flow being incorrect/insufficient hence the issues some earlier models may be having?

I'm not sure if it's all undelivered Cubs in that engine spec or a range within certain build dates - they did give me the impression it would affect a lot of vehicles though.

I've now waited a very long time and have been very patient but am now frustrated when I had been told the car is now ready and a delivery date of the 1st March was agreed.

I now have no idea when the issue is likely to be solved and how long that may take - "making an announcement" doesn't sound very positive.

Hopefully it's an easy fix and I may get it before the Winter comes around again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I arranged my lease through a broker way back in September to be delivered on 1 March when my VW lease expires. They rang me in early December to advise that it was ready and to see when I could I take delivery! I said I wasn't expecting it until 1 March 2019 and would wait to see out my existing lease.

In late January I arranged delivery for 1 March and have just had the dreaded phone call and email today as follows;

"Unfortunately this morning the dealer has been advised from Jaguar Land Rover that your vehicle is affected by a UPS (update prior to sale) - it is software update required for the Diesel Particulate filter. This means the vehicle has to be held and not released until further updates become available from Jaguar Land Rover- currently this is scheduled to be updated on 7th March, meaning we can no longer commit to the delivery booked for 1st of March.

The next update from Jaguar Land Rover is on the 7th of March, but as discussed this as advised this could be a fix or a further hold.

They have asked us to pass on the following message;

"Please pass on our apologies on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover however these measures are taken to ensure that the customer benefits from the latest technology and make sure their ownership experience is the best possible"

My problem is my old car goes back on 4 March and as such I will have no car! I've made a formal complaint to JLR who will get back to me on Monday but does anyone else have any experience of what happens under these circumstances? I need a car for school runs and work meetings all over the Northwest so no car is not an option. Very frustrating to say the least

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SWJ41 said:
I arranged my lease through a broker way back in September to be delivered on 1 March when my VW lease expires. They rang me in early December to advise that it was ready and to see when I could I take delivery! I said I wasn't expecting it until 1 March 2019 and would wait to see out my existing lease.

In late January I arranged delivery for 1 March and have just had the dreaded phone call and email today as follows;

"Unfortunately this morning the dealer has been advised from Jaguar Land Rover that your vehicle is affected by a UPS (update prior to sale) - it is software update required for the Diesel Particulate filter. This means the vehicle has to be held and not released until further updates become available from Jaguar Land Rover- currently this is scheduled to be updated on 7th March, meaning we can no longer commit to the delivery booked for 1st of March.

The next update from Jaguar Land Rover is on the 7th of March, but as discussed this as advised this could be a fix or a further hold.

They have asked us to pass on the following message;

"Please pass on our apologies on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover however these measures are taken to ensure that the customer benefits from the latest technology and make sure their ownership experience is the best possible"

My problem is my old car goes back on 4 March and as such I will have no car! I've made a formal complaint to JLR who will get back to me on Monday but does anyone else have any experience of what happens under these circumstances? I need a car for school runs and work meetings all over the Northwest so no car is not an option. Very frustrating to say the least
It's rather annoying isn't it - after the various delays I was really looking forward to taking delivery on March 1st. I am selling my current car privately so can hold on a while though I have just advertised it so may have to pull the advert as I don't want to be left without a car.

Let's hope it is a speedy fix announced on the 7th!

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is not sounding good, hopefully a software update released on the 7th should quickly solve the problem I guess it's just a case of how quickly they can process everyone's vehicles, I have a current delivery date of the 22nd of March so I'm hoping they will have chance to update the car and keep that date, I ordered in early November and I can't wait to get my new cub.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered in October 2.0d R-Dynamic S. I was told Feb delivery date. Been told this week my car is built and currently in the factory waiting to be shipped but is on hold as there is a DPF regeneration issue with this model in a particular chassis range. I have been told Jaguar will update the dealers on 7th March and they have no idea when my delivery may be now!

·
Registered
97 Posts
So it sounds like certain amount of e pace in an unknown number range are the ones affected I hope they get on top of it quick, I've had contact with my dealer twice this week confirming the delivery date of March 22nd is unchanged but I will post if I get any other news especially around the 7th of March

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my E-pace in January and was told delivery during April. I received the dreaded call last week and was told that the delivery was pushed to June due to issues within manufacturing.. Anyone know what issues they have?
Sounds like previous writers are mentioning diesel issues..
I ordered a Petrol, 200HP´s AWD aut,,
BR Martin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts