Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 180S manual now a year old and a couple of weeks ago went in to sort out some niggles:

1. Gas struts replaced as opening boot lid wasn't the easiest, you really had to push it all the way open. New ones are slightly better but NOT perfect.

2. New cruise control 'switches' as cruise control having its own mind, sometimes the 'set' button on the steering wheel wouldn't work and required multiple presses to get it to engage. Still misbehaving, hit and miss if it comes on and sometimes randomly knocks itself off.

3. Digital dashboard often not showing radio/music, instead left with a blank space in the middle. On some occassions the radio simply didn't work! Seems even worse following software 'update'.

4. Reversing camera not always coming on or going off! Still being a pain.

5. The door handle cover (covering the key entry) came off when driving and garage replaced with new one. Originally incorrectly painted and had to replaced, sigh.

So the dealership are collecting it again on Tuesday to have another go with the cruise control, cameras, radio, digital dashboard.... Am I right in thinking this is all connected to simply software? No idea what update number I'm now on, but if anything whatever they did has made things worse. Oh and no apple carplay, they swear they checked my VIN number and not available on my car :(. If anyone has/having similar then please let me know. I'll let you know how they get on next week!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new gas struts have made some difference, not as much as I hoped for, but the garage agreed that original ones weren't up to the job and replaced without any fuss. Still have to push to about 75+ angle before it pulls the rest of the way open, better than it was. The garage were apologetic that not perfect but the boot lid is heavy, etc.... Not as good as my old Evoque :(.

I would certainly raise the question with the garage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So as promised an update on original post....

Driver who collected my car at the beginning of the week managed to hit the stone pillar at the end of the drive and damage the front end.... So the front now has had a new paint job and dent/scratches removed by the dealership. Software update to correct previous issues with radio, cruise control, sensors etc managed to crash computer (update 4), so delayed return to me.

Car returned today, rejected as still some scratches and lower bumper isn't sitting correctly (driver agreed). So no idea if previous software issues corrected, the saga continues!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 e pace went in last year as boot didn't go up fully and I was told had been fixed.
However same issue and now after they've had it a day been told that there is nothing wrong with them.Apparantley they act like one they've got in their showroom.
I pointed out that if this was true how come I was told they were repaired last time and now I'm expected to take the car back.
They had the car from 10am and it was due back for 6pm
I received a call at 5.30 saying it was being updated and that they felt the opening of boot was normal.I wasn't pleased and pointed out it had taken them all day to ring me and that I did not agree with them.I was then told that they would recheck but I would not be getting my car back today and it seems ok as they had given me a loan.The problem being I've been given a saloon and I've hit dogs to ferry around with rain tomorrow.As I thought it was only going to be gone for the day I did not empty the dogs hammock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts