Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this update published last week, which suggests that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here for a range of JLR models including the E-Pace!

My car was at the dealership today anyway, so I asked them to install the latest updates. They didn't seem to think it was a problem.

I had a call from the dealership this evening to say that the update had broken my "main computer". They have asked JLR for assistance, which may take a few days. If they can't fix it, they'll have to replace the computer.

It might be worth waiting a few weeks or months whilst they get these issues ironed out before speaking to your dealership! :|

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pickythemove said:
What do you mean by "the update broke the main computer"? Nothing's working anymore?
Unfortunately, that's all I know! They say they can't hand the car back in the current state. They're looking for a replacement computer, but don't know how long it'll take.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news! My dealership have successfully replaced the "main computer".

The latest update seems to bring a new interface, much faster startup times and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I posted the following in the Jaguar Customer Relations part of this Forum.
Perhaps other postings asking Tracie might wake Jaguar up.

Hello Stacie,
I am a Brit living in Luxembourg and a potential E Pace customer.
I am very confused about the availability of Apple and Android play.
The forums are full of this confusion and I don't want to find I have ordered too early (if I order) and find that an infotainment system that many give poor ratings on will not have those updates mentioned.
On the 9th of October the salesman "thought" that Apple car play would become available sometime in 2019 at EXTRA COST and had no information on Android car play.
I will be visiting the dealer (there is only one) on Monday and hope he has better information.
Frankly all the bad reviews of the Jaguar E Pace infotainment system are giving me pause for thought,
END QUOTE

·
Registered
195 Posts
As I understand, you have to pay an extra $280 if you order a 2019 jaguar - so will they make you pay for the update of your existing car as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gfplux said:
I posted the following in the Jaguar Customer Relations part of this Forum.
Perhaps other postings asking Tracie might wake Jaguar up.

Hello Stacie,
I am a Brit living in Luxembourg and a potential E Pace customer.
I am very confused about the availability of Apple and Android play.
The forums are full of this confusion and I don't want to find I have ordered too early (if I order) and find that an infotainment system that many give poor ratings on will not have those updates mentioned.
On the 9th of October the salesman "thought" that Apple car play would become available sometime in 2019 at EXTRA COST and had no information on Android car play.
I will be visiting the dealer (there is only one) on Monday and hope he has better information.
Frankly all the bad reviews of the Jaguar E Pace infotainment system are giving me pause for thought,
END QUOTE
It is Stacie not Tracie.
My meeting at Jaguar Luxembourg is now Tuesday 14.30.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just back from my meeting with the Jaguar salesman (they are also the distributor for Range Rover)
I explained my confusion and the apparent confusion on the internet about Apple and Android car play.
He showed me that for the big Range Rover he can add the option Smart Phone Pack (or was it Connection pro) for €290 that adds Apple car play.
This option was not in the menu for any other car Range Rover or Jaguar! He thought that at "some time" this would be a paid for option on all cars.
He then excused himself to visit the service area to talk to the after sales service manager.
Then a result. Hurray.
Unbeknown to the salesman all Jaguar E Pace presently being delivered (last few weeks?) BOTH Apple and Android car play can be box ticked in the software menu (might be only accessible by service personnel) for FREE.
What fun eh!
So strange as it might be there is a window of time where this is a free option that "might" cost in due course.
Surely on the Austrian production line they do not load different software for different markets,
Mysterious are the internal workings of the Jaguar management.
I hope my experience helps dispel some of the confusion

·
Registered
75 Posts
My MY2019 arrived at the dealer today, asked him to make sure it's upgraded to phase 4 18c and that he personally checks CarPlay is there and working (I am travelling 100s of miles to get the car so I'd like it right first time!)

G

·
graham14

None of this is downloadable by yourself. It is all done by appointment at your dealer as far as I am aware.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts