Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't use Apple CarPlay very much but noticed the other day that it won't connect to my iphone anymore.

I'm convince it's since the OTA software update to 19B and/or my iphone update to IOS 13.2.3

My dealer says it may need a software flashover so I've booked the car in for this. I've also asked them to check if the ECU has the latest software with reference to hesitation on pulling away (another thread) and my stop/start not working.

Car Automotive design Steering wheel Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where is that menu on the above pic please?
I can't seem to get my iPhone 11 to mirror screen or connect to apple iplay.
The phone connects to the jag app but that's it?
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Where is that menu on the above pic please?"

On the home screen if you swipe right to left you should get that page, and there is another to the right. Also if you go left from the home screen there is a blank page where you can add favorite shortcuts, which I have but never use!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smokeyblue59 said:
New update IOS13.3 is now available for iphones it may help you. Also i am using update 19B 19.35.55-418001 and the Car play is working well.

Have you tried a different cable
I will try a different cable, interestingly my E-Pace is 19B 40.4-436082 so newer than yours perhaps? Whoever knew there was more than 1 version of 19B, are you in UK?

I'll update my phone and try again!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pjm said:
Where is that menu on the above pic please?
I can't seem to get my iPhone 11 to mirror screen or connect to apple iplay.
The phone connects to the jag app but that's it?
Thanks
Phil
Yes mine connects to the Jag App but not Carplay, it used too work ok!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, mine was OTA in November, it was the first OTA update I have had and the first update since my car had it's first service in May!

·
Registered
184 Posts
When my phone didn't connect with the USB cable I realised I was using a splitter connector thing between phone and cable (so you can power two devices?). Removed that and just the cable and it worked fine. It does seem very sensitive to movement though, if you jog the phone whilst connected it can drop the connection and refuse to reconnect until you've switched off the car and switched back on

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, swiped through all the menus and doesn't have apple CarPlay. Software says up to date?
Is it because it's not available on a 2018 model or does Jag dealer have to activate it 😭
Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pjm said:
So, swiped through all the menus and doesn't have apple CarPlay. Software says up to date?
Is it because it's not available on a 2018 model or does Jag dealer have to activate it 😭
It wasn't standard on 2018 models.

Speak to your dealer to see if they can enable it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some dealers want to charge £200 for Apple CarPlay, I persuaded mine to install it for free as I had had various other media player software issues which they had tried to fix. It still takes ages for my USB music to load sometimes, but on other occasions it's fine!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks everyone.
So I can have the software loaded at my dealer but will cost me £200.
Complete piss take if you ask me. This is my first Jag and cannot believe that it wasn't standard.
🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pjm said:
Thanks everyone.
So I can have the software loaded at my dealer but will cost me £200.
Complete piss take if you ask me. This is my first Jag and cannot believe that it wasn't standard.
🤬🤬🤬
You may be able to download it then as Cawsie has done, depends if your software is late enough to accept OTA updates, mine originally wasn't but 19A should be ok??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pjm said:
If your car has the 4 coloured tiles on the home page then your software is not suitable for OTA update and probably doesn't 'know' that it is not the latest. If you get your car updated by your dealer the home page appearance will change dramatically, see other threads on this forum for pictures etc.
If you are happy with the way your media player works etc you might be better to stay as you are, and may have difficultly convincing your dealer to do an update, it takes them several hours etc etc!
You can see what version you have in settings.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They certainly won't rush to update it but, I found that reporting that the screen occasional froze and my phone connection was unreliable gave them the reasons they needed to do so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.