Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jaguar,

I have just taken delivery of my R Dynamic E-Pace last Thursday and did not go for the SatNav option as I thought I could use Sygic SatNav as it works on my wfies F-Paces even though she does have Jag SatNav as standard on her F-Pace.

So I tried at the weekend and found out that I do not have the Incontrol apps option which I did not know was an option and thought it was a standard feature as it was on my wife's F-Pace. I have been informed it was a £50 option which I would have willingly paid.

Can Apple Carplay be added as an update to my E-Pace or do I need the Incontrol apps option which I believe is a factory only option?

If you can advise how I can either add Incontrol apps or Apple Carplay, I would be very grateful.

and thank you very much.

Regards,
Nik (enjoying my E-Pace)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really wish I had seen this thread before ordering my E Pace. I was told by LEX when I leased my E Pace that all new 2019 models would come with Apple CarPlay, so decided against paying for SatNav as I like the Google Maps
layout and usability. I took receipt of the car 2 weeks ago to find no Apple CarPlay and when I spoke to both Lex and Jaguar I was told I needed to pay £200 for a software update. I decided to pay £200 and subsequently booked my car into the local dealership. Today the car was booked into the dealership, they had it all day and got a call to say the upgrade was successful and it was ready to be picked up. When I paid for the car I thought I'd just check the CarPlay before leaving the car park and was surprised to see the CarPlay functionality was missing. I went back into the dealership and after lots of messing around, I was told that CarPlay wasn't able to be added to my car, issued a refund and told that they would raise a technical case with Jaguar. Tonight I'm feeling extremely let down by Jaguar and not knowing what my options are, let alone wasting a days holiday today! I've seen lots of similar posts regarding this topic across the web, which must be causing Jaguar significant brand damage. Surely it can't be this difficult.

·
Registered
93 Posts
richard1981 said:
I really wish I had seen this thread before ordering my E Pace. I was told by LEX when I leased my E Pace that all new 2019 models would come with Apple CarPlay, so decided against paying for SatNav as I like the Google Maps
layout and usability. I took receipt of the car 2 weeks ago to find no Apple CarPlay and when I spoke to both Lex and Jaguar I was told I needed to pay £200 for a software update. I decided to pay £200 and subsequently booked my car into the local dealership. Today the car was booked into the dealership, they had it all day and got a call to say the upgrade was successful and it was ready to be picked up. When I paid for the car I thought I'd just check the CarPlay before leaving the car park and was surprised to see the CarPlay functionality was missing. I went back into the dealership and after lots of messing around, I was told that CarPlay wasn't able to be added to my car, issued a refund and told that they would raise a technical case with Jaguar. Tonight I'm feeling extremely let down by Jaguar and not knowing what my options are, let alone wasting a days holiday today! I've seen lots of similar posts regarding this topic across the web, which must be causing Jaguar significant brand damage. Surely it can't be this difficult.
Good morning Richard1981

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had so far, and i would like to investigate this further.

Please may I request that you send me the following information via PM:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
The details of the retailer you have been in contact with.

Many Thanks

Dan Jaguar UK

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had an upgrade from 2017B to 2019A a few days ago. But I didn't get Apple Car Play because I was not willing to pay €300 for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @Dan @[email protected],

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I'm unable to PM you as I've only recently joined this group and it says I have to participate in more discussions first....

Is there any other way that I can make contact with you I.e over email or another mechanism.

Best regards

Richard

·
Registered
93 Posts
WIB said:
Hi @Dan @[email protected],

I have exactly the same issue, as it seems do many others.

Is CarPlay actually available on a base model with no SATNAV, paid for or otherwise.

Please could you clarify?

Many thanks
Good Morning WIB

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that the vehicle will require a 10 inch screen and InControl Touch Pro to enable Apple Carplay.

Should your vehicle not have these features, then the InControl system can not be retrofitted to the vehicle and/or changed since order options have been completed and the vehicle has been built.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts