Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by LEX when I leased my E Pace that all new 2019 models would come with Apple CarPlay, so decided against paying for SatNav as I like the Google Maps
layout and usability. I took receipt of the car 2 weeks ago to find no Apple CarPlay and when I spoke to both Lex and Jaguar I was told I needed to pay £200 for a software update. I decided to pay £200 and subsequently booked my car into the local dealership. Today the car was booked into the dealership, they had it all day and got a call to say the upgrade was successful and it was ready to be picked up. When I paid for the car I thought I'd just check the CarPlay before leaving the car park and was surprised to see the CarPlay functionality was missing. I went back into the dealership and after lots of messing around, I was told that CarPlay wasn't able to be added to my car, issued a refund and told that they would raise a technical case with Jaguar. Tonight I'm feeling extremely let down by Jaguar and not knowing what my options are, let alone wasting a days holiday today! I've seen lots of similar posts regarding this topic across the web, which must be causing Jaguar significant brand damage. Surely it can't be this difficult.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I requested my dealership to retrofit Apple CarPlay before handover of an approved used Jaguar Management car. The purchase invoice for my E-Pace shows "Retro Fit Smart Phone Pack(a)" at a cost of £166.67 before tax. This equates to the £200, after tax, that dealers are charging for Apple CarPlay. So it seems that this pack is a prerequisite for Apple CarPlay and perhaps the software is free of charge?

Worth checking if the Smart Phone Pack was specified for your car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just brought my car to the dealer to get an upgrade to Phase 4 and - suprise! - I was told that if Apple CarPlay was available and I wanted it, I would have to pay €300 for it! I told them I was not willing to pay for something that is supposed to be an actual standard. They didn't seem to care a lot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.