·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have a jag e-pace first edition yulong white

Today I update my iPhone X to ios12
And after that my usb music transmission got almost
Impossible ... slow.... art discs lost, you can't use steering controls, can't see song advance ...
Bluetooth for me is worse quality than usb in meridian sound system

Any of you has this problem ? Or solution??
Thanks so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a car with the Phase 4 software update. I have updated by iPhone to ios12 and it works perfectly by USB in my e-pace with one exception as it does not properly classify podcasts as such but I have had other makes of car do the same.
According to my dealer, Jaguar have identified a problem with ios11 (and presumably later versions) and cars not running phase 4 software. Suggest you talk to your garage.

G

·
Cristianserrano said:
And which would' be solution ?? Update phase 4??
In my opinion the Phase 4 software upgrade solves an awful lot of problems. I had been told that my IPhone SE was not compatible with In Control Apps and after the upgrade works great.

My SIM was intermittent and now is 100% connecting

Also it was not recognising my USB stick with all my music and now does

I think the Navigation system is too basic and would love to go back to TomTom type interface but never mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To try to answer the question on which music program I use. If I understand correctly...
I have the Meridian system. I use a wired connection, not Bluetooth. I make sure my iPhone is unlocked when I plug in and, if prompted by my phone, I tell my phone to allow access to the Jaguar iPhone app. I then use the 'native' music feature in the car rather than the Jaguar app one.
When I took my car into the dealer for the phase 4 software update, I was offered time with a garage tech for them to see how I use the car and my phone. This was definitely worthwhile.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the Navigation system is too basic and would love to go back to TomTom type interface but never mind.
Hello ctoneman,
When it comes to your qualification of the nav system as too basic, does this mean that the phase 4 made it even more basic than phase 2 or was it more a general observation?
Thanks

G

·
Lionheart said:
Hello ctoneman,
When it comes to your qualification of the nav system as too basic, does this mean that the phase 4 made it even more basic than phase 2 or was it more a general observation?
Thanks
Sorry Lionheart, I have been away

My comment regarding the Navigation was a general observation and the Phase 4 upgrade did not change the Nav at all except the original coloured tile on the Home screen is now gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you restarted the application or refreshed the phone again? It works actually. I have encountered the same problem before. I am an Apple user. I love to listen to music on Apple Music. But I have tried to convert and save my songs to other devices like MP3 player. This is a better way to avoid the USB issue of this program. Just find a Apple Music Converter on Google and install it on your computer. Convert the songs to MP3 format. Then import the music files to MP3 player through iTunes. Thanks to TuneSolo. https://www.tunesolo.com/apple-music-converter/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts