Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner d150 AWD 2020 chequered flag with a question my dealer is being vague about

If I select the asi suite and get the graphic up showing birds eye view of the front and rear wheels it shows me the angle of the front wheels but not power distribution

It shows the blue and yellow key for front and rear but nothing ever moves showing how the power is distributed

Should it be showing me this info as I had a loan xf
Estate same edition and the info graphic was very animated

First Jaguar and loving it so far

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd like to know this also, as have rarely seen any change in the ASI screen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have to drive in a way which will trigger the torque split, a good blast of hard acceleration, especially from standstill or very low speed, and something not many of us will do, take the car off-road and try and get it stuck !! I've had almost the whole rear prop on the display showing yellow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried hard acceleration and nothing

The wheel angle changes and gear /mode etc

The AWD XF I had the graphic moved with slightest touch of accelerator

Probably never look at this again but the dealer has asked me to bring car in next week

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi had this problem on my 2020 r dynamic e pace when I spoke to the dealer I was told the same depends on the driving but I was not happy with the reply so complained to jaguar customer services and they arranged diagnostics and it turned out that it was not set up correctly at the factory , the dealer had it for 2 weeks over Christmas and sorted it out with a new module and it now works .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back from dealer and apparently my spec does not include this feature ???

So I have a large graphic display that just shows the angle of my front wheels ?????

I asked what optional extra/pack this is part of and he could not answer my question.

Is the dealer telling me porkies ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My transition from front to include rear drive is easily obtained, just by a slightly exaggerated acceleration out of a largish roundabout and it shows on the screen. Silly question coming up, the D150 did include a front wheel drive model?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not working for me either on MY21. I just asked the dealer about it, he wanted a picture to check with the tech team.
Always full yellow on front

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine does not show anything apart from drive or wheel angle

Jaguar customer services told me that it's a standard feature and possible telemetry link issue between module and infotainment screen

·
Registered
88 Posts
There was a software update that fixed an issue with this a couple of years ago. I took my P250 back to the dealer because that screen stopped moving the yellow bar. In normal driving there is no Yellow showing, but even gentle acceleration in a straight line you should see a little yellow pop back towards the rear wheels. If its definitely an AWD vehicle, then something isn't communicating properly and needs re-setting. Unfortunately when things like this stop working it usually needs the dealer to take it seriously, and then it always seems to involve days of technical assistance calls with Jaguar to work out how to get everything talking again. I have had a couple of faults like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I asked my dealer to check it out, turns out he has the same issue on his car.. so he called Jaguar France to know how to fix it. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dealer says Jaguar told him that it's only meant to be used under 4x4 conditions (for ex. when the vehicle is stuck). It seems that it works on every road for some of you. I won't bother trying to figure this out with the dealer..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many thanks for the info

Why call it all surface information then ?

Mixed messages from all dealers

Seems a totally pointless feature

Does this feed information into other systems? So if this is not reporting torque distribution then does it affect other systems?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I suspect the dealer who said its only for 4x4 conditions couldn't be bothered with the hassle of doing a massive warranty service job. Fixing these issues ties up workshop space for days as they have to book slots with Jaguar Technical Assistance while the car is in. Mine worked perfectly when I bought the car (new), it stopped working, the dealer found a way to fix it under warranty. And it was the entire subject of a software update several versions ago. If its not working on a particular car, its broken and could be fixed! Whether its worth the hassle is another question, as its really not very useful.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.