Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know up to what speed the AEB system works? Does it work still at 130 km/h on the motorways?

For some reason I think to have read somewhere that it's only up to about 100 km/h active on the E-Pace. That seems a bit strange to me...

·
Registered
177 Posts
From the manual :

"AEB operates at speeds above 5 km/h (3 mph).

The vehicle detection AEB system can detect:
  • Vehicles travelling in the same road lane of speeds up to 80 km/h (50 mph).
  • Vehicles travelling in the same road lane with speeds up to 130 km/h (80 mph), dependant on the vehicle specification.
  • Vehicles travelling in the adjacent road lane of speeds up to 64 km/h (39 mph). The system only detects other vehicles when host vehicle is turning left or right, with a speed of up to 20 km/h (12 mph).
The pedestrian and cyclist detection AEB systems are able to operate at speeds of up to 60 km/h (37 mph).

If an imminent risk of a collision is detected, the system automatically applies the brakes. The instrument panel also displays a warning message while AEB is operating."

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...up to 130 km/h (80 mph), dependant on the vehicle specification
So how can you find out?
🙃

·
Registered
177 Posts
That’s the beauty of it, you don’t (or you try on an empty airport with balloon dummies).

Could be safer to ask your dealer though 😅

·
Registered
31 Posts
Give the terrible incident at Waukesha I wondered why a Ford Escape (post 2018) with AEB could cause all those deaths and injuries. Unfortunately that car and just about all other cars allow the driver to turn off the AEB safety system. If there's one thing that all governments should do when they plan to outlaw fossil fuel cars is to standardise requirements for pedestrian safety. Some agreement on mandatory systems is essential. JLR allow AEB to be disabled in case you're driving off road. Fine because my E-pace knows if it's on a public road because of the TSR settings - so AEB could be enforced for public roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts