Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have the D180 r dynamic S automatic. It is nearly a year old with just over 4000 miles.
I am bitterly disappointed with the car the gear changes are very clunky and you can not always guarantee that you will get power when you need it and other times it just shoots off! The revs are also unpredictable especially when travelling below 40mph.
It doesn't like cold mornings and sounds appalling.
I paid for Apple car play to be installed in January and have used it twice as it is very unpredictable as well.
I wondered is anyone else experiencing these issues as I don't they if they are faults or 'features' my dealer is awful so I don't want to contact them if this appears to a common experience.
Based on my experience with car and dealer I would not want another jaguar.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine can be a bit jerky at times but particularly before the engine has reached operating temperature. Bloomd you have quite a low mileage. If that is made up mostly of short journeys that could be a factor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your thoughts.
My mileage is low and can do short journeys but this hasn't happened with any of my previous cars (BMW's) didn't happen on the 24 hour test drive model.
I tried Apple CarPlay to make calls again son Friday and the call wouldn't connect....
I expected more from the brand - bitterly disappointed 😡

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a similar model, 1 yr old, 9k miles,

Gearchange is, now, perfect. I was told that the AI learns your driving style and adapts the gearchnages accordingly, I didn't beleive them at first and they kindly reset the software.

As i drive the car 95% of the time, i can honestly say that this appears to be true. In fact, on the odd occasion i borrow a car from the dealer, the gearchange and responsiveness is pretty awful, which would also seem to validate the dealers commnes about the AI.

G

·
My auto D180 is as smooth a gear change as you can imagine. It's also the 5th Diesel Automatic I have owned so I know what I am talking about 😀

Ok Apple CarPlay works reasonable ok but not if someone calls on the phone. They can hear me but I can't hear them. When I get a call I have to unplug the USB cable which is ridiculous !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
P200 R dynamic here, just coming up to a year old and 7000 miles so again not high mileage. I have noticed mine becoming more and more clunky and as someone says, sometimes no power when needed and other times shoots off. Even my wife sat in passenger seat recently said "What's wrong with car, it seems juddery"
My first experience with Jaguar, had BMW's for last 12 years but fancied a change, never again. Not just because of this issue but many issues since new.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ctoneman said:
My auto D180 is as smooth a gear change as you can imagine. It's also the 5th Diesel Automatic I have owned so I know what I am talking about 😀

Ok Apple CarPlay works reasonable ok but not if someone calls on the phone. They can hear me but I can't hear them. When I get a call I have to unplug the USB cable which is ridiculous !!
It works better on iOS13, but the best fix is to switch to & from 'speaker' on your phone when they call.

G

·
Andyben said:
ctoneman said:

It works better on iOS13, but the best fix is to switch to & from 'speaker' on your phone when they call.
Andyben

Not sure what you mean ? I can't be messing with the phone whilst driving but do you mean on the screen ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good evening

I also noticed these;

"you can not always guarantee that you will get power "
And "delay in responsiveness"

Apart from these gear changes perfect smooth.

My vehicle 26,000 km and whenI visited dealer for early service I mentioned gearbox.

Service controller told me that there are 3 software update I think one them gearbox software update because after I took and drive vehicle it is perfect no power / response delay anymore.

İt used to waiting or trying to decide downshift or not but now solved

Cypriot

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my P200 for just over a week. On the test drive i was really impressed with the ride quality of the demonstrator but when i picked mine up I couldn't believe how awful it was. Suspension was horribly choppy and the car couldn't decide what gear to be in when driving on a trailing throttle at 30mph. It seemed to be constantly hunting for the right gear. With that and the suspension I actually started to feel nauseous when driving on a badly surfaced road in town.

Then i checked the tyre pressures - all set about 8psi too high. I've lowered them to the recommended 'light load' pressures and the ride is transformed! The gearbox still hunts a little but that seems to be improving as the software 'learns' - but the main things is that the car is able to cover ground smoothly and that seems to be helping the gearbox to hold on to a gear rather than keep changing up and down.

I've has similar issues with the tyre pressures on my motorbike but this is the first time it's been so obvious on a car. At least I've got it sorted - for a while I was ready to reject the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts