Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jaguar automatic e pace revving up to 2000 revs when changing gears is this normal never had a
Automatic before?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Possibly we will need a bit more info. to answer this one Dunc. Certainly if it's changing down it will increase in revs because it's going to a lower gear but I'm not sure this is what you mean.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry meant to say when setting off revs hold at 2000 for a couple of seconds before changing gears..
Could it be setting off in second gear

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe someone can figure this out for you. The only thing I would say of any relevance is that when first starting up, i.e. on the petrols, the engine revs to around 1500 rpm and then doesn't like you to drive off until the engine revs have dropped to tick over, 750rpm. Then it's happy for you to take over.

G

·
I have a D180 automatic and the gear changes are as smooth as silk. Next time out I will look at the Rev range but it feels normal to me. This is my 4th diesel automatic in 11 years

·
Registered
5 Posts
They default start off in 2nd gear, so more gas (revs) is needed to get them moving initially. Try manually selecting first gear with the paddles or with the gear shift lever knocked over to the left in sport mode before pulling away and see if it is still the same?

G

·
You don't need first to start off.

The 9-speed auto was designed initially for Evoque and Discovery Sport to have a super-low first gear for off-roading, as a substitute for a low-range transfer box. It's the same box in the E-PACE. It'll start in second by default in normal drive modes.

You may find the car holds gears a bit longer than you might choose to when it's cold: this is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts