Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find the timer for the auxiliary heater which can be set. I have the S model and I don't see it in the menu of my car after referring to the iGUIDE app. The app doesn't say what features are standard though.

The guide refers to a remote control which I do not have but would assume it should be on the remote app. I can start the car and warm it up but the aux heater does not appear to need a full engine start although clearly I'm unsure.

G

·
I don't see any reference to an auxiliary heater in my UK model D180 Auto but on the "Jaguar Remote" app on my Iphone there is a page called "Remote Climate" which you can set a target temperature and press the button and the engine will start and warm the car up. It works fine. There is a 30 minute timer on it, which is non adjustable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the remote app and now that it's freezing outside it's great. I just noted the aux section in the iGUIDE app and wondered if I was being dense in not finding it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Northern Monkey said:
Hi, not sure which model you have but it's not available on the manual version.
NM
As Northern Monkey says its only on Autos.. Not Manuals, so if you do have a manual then i'm afraid its a case of going out in the cold and staring the engine first!! I didn't realise until after i got mine... that may have tempted me to go down the Auto route!

G

·
Used the remote start for the first time this icy morning and it worked perfectly and the car was lovely and warm 😅😎

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, I think everyone is confusing "Auxiliary heater" with the remote start feature, which starts the vehicles engine and warms the cooling system and therefore the interior,the auxiliary heater is an expensive option aimed at cold areas, it is similar to the Eberpsacher heater used in coaches and HGVs, it is a small self contained device that burns fuel from the vehicles tank, and blows warm air into the vehicle, imagine the large space type heaters you sometimes see in workshops and warehouses, and you get the picture, other manufacturers use a mains electric fed system similar to a household immersion heater, plumbed into the cooling system hoses,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Time to again raise a pet issue of mine. What about a PTC Heater ? They get classed as auxiliary heater. Do a fantastic job on diesels where they really are needed, but seem to have fallen from favour. Perhaps because of split cooling systems, remote start, or the fuel burning heater.

EDIT : - Just seen some discussion on the XE forum, but it's not really conclusive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts