Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just thought I would post a warning to forewarn owners/potential buyers of the issues with my epace. Had my D180 rdynamic the car from new (March 19) and have so far covered around 13k.

After a couple of weeks of ownership i took it to JLR with what I (as an engineer) deem as strange noises coming from the engine bay. Long story short, 4 or 5 visits to the dealership and 13,000 miles later, the noises became much more pronounced. Significant whining noise (without the wife in the car), at standstill and kn motion also accompanied by a can of marbles at around 1.5k-2k. Called jag assist who attended to my car and was advised the car needed new balance shafts, common I know, but I still don't like the idea of my new car having its engine out to replace them. Booked into Jaguar huddersfield (who have so far been awesome!) to confirm the fault only to be told that, yes - replacement balance shafts are required but the timing chain is also noisy and requires further investigation.....

Sheesh is all I can say. Stay well away from an ingenium engined car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had my car at the dealership a couple of weeks ago because of poor gear changes and noisy engine especially from cold.
They apparently had to manually teach it how to change gears - it's improved but still not what I would have expected.
I was then told I needed a new timing chain then that changed to I needed a solenoid on the timing chain.
That seems to have improved things.
I also got a software update for AppleCarplay which again has improved things for the time being.
I just expected so much more from the brand once my current deal runs out it will be gone and no more jaguars for me!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts