Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about this before so apologies for the repetition, but you may find it useful under current circumstances. If your E Pace is inactive during the Coronavirus lockdown, keep the battery charged. If you can connect it to a trickle charger, great. Otherwise, if you don't want to sit on the drive with the engine running to boost the battery, there is another solution.

Back in Sept 2018 I left mine at Heathrow Long Stay for just under four weeks and the battery was completely flat when I returned. Not good news at 7.00am on a cold drizzly morning after a long haul flight. Jag Assist came out and gave it a 'get you home' charge and it's been fine since, so I don't think it was a faulty battery. The Jag Assist guy didn't think it was at all unusual with a modern car.

After that I bought a solar powered conditioning charger from Halfords. You can buy an OBDII connector for these, so no need to go under the bonnet to connect it, or have it wired in. I've since left the car for eight weeks and the battery appeared to be fully charged on my return. Started first time anyway. You can get these chargers from various other sources, of course, but I've not seen another one with an (optional) OBDII connector, which I find useful. The OBDII, or diagnostic, socket is somewhere down by the driver's left foot (RHD versions).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Luxembourg,
Good tip.
I am going to look on Amazon.de Frankly would not buy one if I can't just plug it in to the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, JonK, it looks very similar. Halfords did three sizes and I chose the biggest (6.0 W) to be on the safe side. I couldn't see a wattage rating on the AA one, but I guess it would be adequate, especially in the summer months. I see the AA one has an LED to show that it's working, which mine lacks - you just plug it in and hope for the best. And don't forget to unplug it before you start the engine or very expensive things might happen to the electrics. As you could hardly miss it when you get into the car it would be difficult to forget that little rule.

·
Super Moderator
190 Posts
Just ordered the 4.8W AA one on ebay for £36.88 inc priority delivery. On Amazon it's £44.99 + £3.99 delivery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.