Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When new my HSE PHEV gave 35 miles on a new charge. 6 weeks later the number is getting less. 28 miles a week ago, last night 25. It's booked into the shop for 10 May.

I get that I will only get a lesser number of miles depending on my style of driving but the battery should charge to a full 35 mile ish right?

Clearly the battery is failing somehow; safe to drive?

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
depends if the battery is supposed to always give 35 miles on a full charge, or a bit like the range on a standard car does it calculate it differently depending on the "mpg" you've previously had...so I mean if you've driven it hard for example and used up most of your battery in 25 miles, when you recharge it does it promise 35 miles or does it moderate that down for your previous driving style

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have no experience of PHEVs but have been investigating them as my PCP contract expires in September and I'm averaging less than 25mpg in my P250 because I'm doing mainly short runs. The electric range on the 300e didn't seem worth the cost so I considered going back to a Mercedes which has a claimed electric range of about 50 miles. Mercedes owners are complaining that they actually get about 50% of the claimed range. I guess it is the same as BEV cars where the range is very dependent on weather conditions, speed etc. I have come to the conclusion that PHEVs are only worth buying if it is a company car in order to reduce BIK tax. Although I love my E-pace I'm now thinking about a BEV or possibly another ICE that offers better fuel consumption than the Jag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PHEV gets 30mpg without the electric. The switching by between electric and motor is seemless and I love it. My commute each day is 13 each way and when I first got the car, charged to 100% said 34/35 miles and after my commute I had 15% spare just as I expected. I charged it 3 times just for fun while my charging point was on the wait list for electrician. 6 weeks later I'm down to 100% and 28 miles and the commute is not quite all EV.

In hybrid mode it uses the elec at the beginning of the journey and then just recovers what it can. It likes to EV in built up areas when slower but at 80mph cruise it is a straight 30mpg

Full charge costs £1.90 for those 30 miles which is a nice saving and a great feeling that the motor is off. So if you have a small commute each day and not doing the miles the PHEV is great. 30-34mpg in hybrid mode. At 70miles a day it's about 50:50 and 60mpg

I take your point about calculation so I have set the trip meter again. It could easily be the software calculating it: I will find out when Jaguar get back to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.