Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a diesel so it's on a two year service interval. However I took it in just before the three year mark to get some warranty stuff done. Quite by chance the subject of changing the brake fluid came up and I asked the service person when it was due. Now, was the answer. I can't find anything in the manual other than a statement that it will be done by the approved service provider when needed. But I wouldn't have taken it in for another year if it hadn't been for the warranty work. I've used three dealerships since I bought the car, but neither of the other two has contacted me to say it's due. Was it really due then, or was I duped? When's it next due? Anyone know any more about this?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi, most manufacturers specify fluid change at two years, ( at extra cost ) at service intervals, Halfords and the tyre bays also work on two years, brake fluid is hydroscopic and absorbs moisture from the air, you can purchase your own tester for less than £10, if you want to measure moisture content yourself, Tony

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Tony. Looks like it should have been done (or at least offered) at its first service. Now I'm on two 2-year service cycles that are out of phase with each other! Martyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.