Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a groaning noise when I do a hard braking (whatever the speed) at the 2d part of the deceleration and also at the very end right before the car stops.
It's kind of like the "creep groan" that I discovered doing online search.

Went to JLR today, in 2 minutes driving with the mechanic he said "oh we had an Evoque with the same issue. It's because of the materials used, don't worry it's not dangerous, but we'll change the brake discs & brake pads to make it go away". I need to wait 3 weeks for them to receive the spare parts. I'll keep you posted on my issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting.

I'll need new discs and pads later in the year. I'll do my best to acquire a groaning noise just before then..!

Joking aside, any links to the online research you mentioned?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
v helpful thanks for that

I do have noise issue on another thread but that's not brake related

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had the same noise on my new D200 HSE. The dealer changed the pads but although it improved the problem it didn't go away completely. I was not prepared to accept it on a car of this value so I rejected the car. I pick up a new replacement on Friday and have been assured it wont have the same problem. If it does still have the noise I will be asking for my money back!!! Never had this problem on my MY2018 D240 HSE and don't expect it on this new car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still waiting on the discs to arrive (pads are at the dealer), I'll keep you posted when everything will be replaced. I won't accept this noise either but as they already had the issue with a couple of cars and suceeded at making it go away I'm pretty confident.

Reading your post I get why they wanted to change the discs + pads right away without trying pads first.. it simply doesn't work. They told me that when there is enough complaints Jaguar changes the reference of the pieces.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Found out yesterday my replacement vehicle will not be available tomorrow. Now going to be next Friday. They said a seat belt cover is missing and a replacement is not available until next week. I just wonder if perhaps the new car has the same brake problem and they are going to change Discs and Pads before they let me have it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replacement discs arrived at the dealership after 6 weeks.. they will now be able to replace pads/discs, I really hope that the noise will go away but I have another major issue going on with the car (power steering), and a minor with ASI not functionning.

Is your replacement car brake noise free ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up the vehicle this morning and the braking noise had disappear ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting.. I do have the same issue when braking hard but thought it would just take a little time for the pads to wear in. I've had the car since end of March and kind of got used to it but it hasn't gone. I'll definitely be contacting my dealer about getting it sorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Shadow - Could you please share the recording/sound again.

Also, did they mention anything about servo pumps as the cause of issue?

I am facing the same challenge with brake noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up the vehicle this morning and the braking noise had disappear ;)
Did the brake discs and pads change permanently fix the problem? I’m having the same issue - been in 3 times but they never change the discs or pads just seem to visually inspect it and say all is ok.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did the brake discs and pads change permanently fix the problem? I’m having the same issue - been in 3 times but they never change the discs or pads just seem to visually inspect it and say all is ok.
Yes it did, never heard that noise again in 4 months.
There's no safety issue, so they'll say it's ok, but they are aware of it, at least my dealer was.
It's all been taken care of under warranty and they even thought that Jaguar may change the reference of the discs/pads as it's not a one time issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts