Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning gents,

Two quick questions.

1.How does the breakdown cover work ,is there a phone number ?

2.Is the guarantee 3 years or more ?

Thanks,Dennis.

The dealers phone is always busy !!

·
Registered
177 Posts
1- You should have a button right next to the rearview mirror (2 actually, one for breakdown, one for SOS in case of an accident)

2- in France it's 3 years including car overhaul but I'm pretty sure it is different for every market.

·
Registered
161 Posts
As shadow said, press button in roof, blue for breakdown, red for emergency services, warranty is 3yrs or 100,000 km whichever is sooner, if car was pre-registered it starts from day of registration forgot to add phone number if needed is 0800 246 844 in UK, +44 1926 320 004 in Europe

·
Registered
56 Posts
And given how unreliable and complicated these cars are, personally I wouldn't own one without a warranty - the Jaguar warranty can be extended annually post 3 years up to 10 years and 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Todays prices:
Extended (covers most items) £830 or £915 with breakdown included.
Select (covers major items) £772 or £857 with breakdown included.
I will be renewing with Extended for the first time in December, expensive no doubt when compared with others but having been a long term customer I would hope to be treated with a little sympathy in grey areas. I was when I had a problem with my Discovery Sport.
How much is Jaguar extended warranty, is it good value compared to an independent provider?

·
Registered
75 Posts
In Belgium now the standard guarantee is 5 years and 150.000 km. A real pity (for me) that it's for cars delivered from 1st of October this year and I suppose not applicable to my car of June 2021. Unfortunately not possible to buy an extended guarantee either, at least, not to my knowledge.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Todays prices:
Extended (covers most items) £830 or £915 with breakdown included.
Select (covers major items) £772 or £857 with breakdown included.
I will be renewing with Extended for the first time in December, expensive no doubt when compared with others but having been a long term customer I would hope to be treated with a little sympathy in grey areas. I was when I had a problem with my Discovery Sport.
My extended renewal wasn't that expensive £746? That is with breakdown included. Its the first renewal post the 3 year warranty running out so not sure that makes a difference?

·
Registered
52 Posts
This will be my first year out of an approved warranty from the car being being purchased 11 months ago, so in effect the renewal price quoted will be for the 4th to 5th year. Perhaps my price quoted from Jaguar is affected by its age.
I'll ask when I pay up.

EDIT: I did ring the Warranty line and told there is a difference dependant on the age of the vehicle. Your price is for a 3-4 year old warranty, my price is for the upcoming 4-5 year old warranty. Quite a hike 🥺

Reactions: Briarwood
1 - 9 of 9 Posts