Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered mine end of May, called my dealer last week to ask if build date was already known. Build date unknown till now. Got to give him a call next month☹

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered mid June with delivery dates for the end of October and then given 17th September and then 12th November.
Dealer sent me a printout with build and delivery dates. So trying to be helpful.
Am told there will be more info on these dates in September.
Who knows when the car will be built but it will happen one day!
Meanwhile Jaguar sent me an email this week to bookmark the service app. Obviously they are still going on the September date info!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered an epace back in early May - and we still don't have a delivery date. Having put in a firm order with a deposit for an SE250 petrol with loads of options - Jaguar then decided not to make the model anymore, so we had to re-spec the car. Not a good start for a new customer. We're getting bored listening to the same stories about CHIP shortages and just how difficult it is to build a car. Jaguar have until the 17th September to confirm that the car is actually in build in Austria - otherwise we take our money elsewhere. Simples. :x

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've looked at other brands and their delivery dates are even more distant.
Yes, you can get a stock car of another brand but it may have been in a warehouse or field somewhere for many months and not MY22.
Yes, totally frustrating. Why can't your dealer give you build dates and delivery dates? Mine did even though they're probable fiction, they give some hope.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a build date for late Jan. I ordered a MY21 and it got changed to a MY22. Just waiting to see if the options change at all. A little bummed, but if you are looking for a custom build on any vehicle, you are waiting. The chip shortage is impacting every manufacturer. If you are lot shopping, then good luck getting a decent price there. Dealers have been running high on all inventory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I decided to check out the US build configurator today. Notice a couple of changes between the MY21 and MY22. Some standard features have been dropped (Solar attenuating windshield, Illuminated metal treadplates with Jaguar script, and 3D Surround Camera). Just be aware if you were counting on these when you ordered. You may need to get your build updated. I am contacting my dealer now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
GobblerMan said:
I decided to check out the US build configurator today. Notice a couple of changes between the MY21 and MY22. Some standard features have been dropped (Solar attenuating windshield, Illuminated metal treadplates with Jaguar script, and 3D Surround Camera). Just be aware if you were counting on these when you ordered. You may need to get your build updated. I am contacting my dealer now.
Same in de Belgian configurator!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Ordered a new R Dynamic Black Petrol E Pace on July 16th and was originally quoted delivery by the end of August. The dealership in Hampshire UK, then informed me that it would be end of September. I had done a bit of research ref scarcity of chips worldwide, so it was no surprise that I was told that the build would now be completed end of November. I doubt very much that it will be though and would be pleasantly surprised to get the car this year.

It is really frustrating but I don't think they can do anything about it. Only positive is that the Sales Manager has assured me that I will get full value on my current Jaguar XE Sport. I will believe that when it happens though. The car has supposedly gone up by over £3000 since July, which would be a great result for me if confirmed by the dealer on receipt of the new car.

Has anyone experienced something similar with the value of your Part Exchange? Would be interested to hear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer is ignoring the part exchange rises compared to the original. I won't bother to challenge him until the car is delivered and paperwork started. Before I challenge him I will check the part exchange value on the many available free websites and be prepared to negotiate. If they have the new car I'm prepared to go to such as "we buy any car" if the price is better and this he will be quoted.
Just waiting. Mid June estimated for handover mid November. Well!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Latest update. Delivery extended by 2 months. Was to be mid November and now built date 24th December - delivery to dealer 28th January 2022. Oh, ordered in mid June. 7 months if that's the end of the saga. It's about time the Jaguar head office did some PR work!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What did you order Wendev if you don't mind me asking?

We ordered D165, manual in July 2021, am told this is one of the worst affected engines along with P300.

Still no build date for me :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
D200 r dynamic HSE with 3D camera. Probably the camera causing the problem but who knows.

Jaguar headquarters needs to be more pro active with customer relations and not leave it to dealers to constantly pass on bad news as they do not have answers for us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered P300e on 9th July.
Had various build dates. October,then November, then 15th.October and then phone call last week now 22nd Oct. Phone call this morning dealer confident (I'm not) that still 22nd Oct.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suppose we can only celebrate once it's has been confirmed as built. Then we just have to worry about delivery drivers, storms at sea and importation strikes!
The get to that date is just one long story.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm still feeling so lucky that I picked a day when my dealer had one in stock in white around mid July and got it 6 days later. The value of my car was the only reason I manage the swap over as 3 months earlier I was in negative equity. Hopefully 🙏 you get yours soon. The P300e is soo much better than my previous 250 petrol. Filled it up halfway once since picking it up.. okay I do a lot of short journeys but hopefully provides a taster of the wait being worthwhile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello I ordered a Epace P300 hybrid plug in late July and I still have no build date. Like others, it is the lack of updates that is more infuriating. Not the fault of the sales guys but feels like I was promised a car to get the deal done and now in limbo. I have a diesel 19 plate that has been nothing but problems since new ( known design issues) and decided to give Jaguar a 2nd chance with the hybrid p300 as lovely car to drive . I just want Jaguar to set expectations rather than tell us nothing . That way I can plan if I know I am unlikely to have a car until at least early 22 but would appreciate if they can provide realistic indications. Interested to know if anyone has had any updates on build dates. Thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.