Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car incontrol display tells me I have no allowance left yet the Ubigi app tells me I have 497mb remaining. Anyone else had this? I have hardly used the car due to lockdown although there was the incontrol update this month. I am wondering if the update has burnt up my data even though the app says not?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same here have 3UK sim and yesterday saw this message pop up quite many times.
I haven't checked it but looks like some glitch which all of us are seeing and different networks.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, same here with Ubigi, this happened about a week ago just after the 20A update, then was OK for a few days, and now it's back again,
I wonder if the 20A has any thing to do with it ?
Which software version are you all useing?

Stay Safe !
William.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Williamsplace said:
Yep, same here with Ubigi, this happened about a week ago just after the 20A update, then was OK for a few days, and now it's back again,
I wonder if the 20A has any thing to do with it ?
Which software version are you all useing?

Stay Safe !
William.
Well its 20A 100% software broken please see below which I posted on f pace forum.

Ok I would say to all who are on 19C better dont try to update.
Reason i am on version S20A....and since yesterday I am seeing these data finished warning pop up on screen at first I thought it's my 3uk sim card out of data.
Anyhow I put back ubigi sim card came with car and same warning message.
I checked my 3uk data sim in handset it works fine so definitely I am not out of data.
I tried connecting ICTP to my mobile using tether and turned off cars sim data but again I am seeing same data warning message.
On e pace forum guys are experiencing the same issue.
While connected to wifi I tried using online media / weather update nothing same data warning message so practically ICTP looks like broken and I have a doubt this behaviour means we who are experiencing this data warning and system is unable to connect online either by sim or using wifi means a visit to dealer.
Something must have been triggered in software itself which just doesn't want to go online and showing data warning instead.
I'll try one more time as now there is a reset button introduced and see what happens.
I did factory reset as well and nothing changed wiped all data but same warning message system doesn't want to go online like online media , weather , live keep saying out of data warning although I am connected with wifi only browser works with wifi

Anyone else who can give some insight those who are on updated software and experiencing same would be great to know.

Thanks

Regards
KJ

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi
Me again 1 more observation not sure it is related to the factory reset I did earlier today.
That extra splash screen showing unprecedented times has vanished for me.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not that I believe anyone with any influence from JLR reads this forums, but I'm going to add my observations and its a bit of a ramble.

Quick Summary, E-pace, UK, ICTP version: CBA to look, OTT updated last year so 19B something I guess It has Apple Car play.

I notice the data message on Saturday. Faffed about bit. Saw 3UK where doing things, the data SIM in the car is 3UK, basically put 2 and 2 together and thought that was the issue. Anyway Monday, check 3 website. All up now. Best to check the car out. Nope Can't sign into navigation, no weather, no news, notice the car SIM isn't connected - that be the problem. Poke / toggle the settings and the SIM connects. But still no data. Interestingly, using the ICTP WIFi I can connect my phone and browse the web. So that side of the data is OK. Thinking along these lines, I release the car should be connected to my home WiFi. But It's not. Actually that's never been that reliable. Re connect the ICTP to my home WIFi, can't login into navigation, "Its not you it's us" yeah whatever, no weather, no news, no web browsing. This is obviously a ICTP issue probably an expired certificate. What is interesting is the Remote app is still working including updates to InControl Live, (Journeys etc...) OK yeah so this is the internal SIM.

So for anyone that has got this far. Can anyone share what apps, features use the inbuilt SIM and what uses the plug in SIM / WiFi. I've seen them listed somewhere, but I'm all googled out. It might help to identify where the trouble lies.

The service is due in September so it's just another trivial system failure to add to the list for them to look at then.

G

·
Funnily enough mine is not playing ball either in this respect. All data used it tells me - on a 24 GB pre loaded SIM in 8 months with one of those months going precisely nowhere? I doubt it.
Anyway, I've taken the SiM out and will try again today. Unfortunately I can't access the PAYG 3 account online and their customer service team are reduced due to COVID so it's going to be trial and error.
Irritating, though I must say, I find the iPhone maps better at mapping and can connect via Apple play and never really use Live. So, if it doesn't work, I may well just do without.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Snoopy said:
Not that I believe anyone with any influence from JLR reads this forums, but I'm going to add my observations and its a bit of a ramble.

Quick Summary, E-pace, UK, ICTP version: CBA to look, OTT updated last year so 19B something I guess It has Apple Car play.

I notice the data message on Saturday. Faffed about bit. Saw 3UK where doing things, the data SIM in the car is 3UK, basically put 2 and 2 together and ......
Long story short. I read a reference somewhere. I Updated the Navigation Maps. Stupid me didn't check to if the issue existed immediately prior to the Maps update. But heh. Everything now seems back to normal.

Current Version numbers are:
ICTP: S19B+19+40.4-436082
Navigation: 2019BX.3-9209
Maps: 8.30.108.154

G

·
I think this may have been a 3 issue. In trial and error mode, I topped up my PAYG data SIM with an extra £10, gave it an hour or two, went out to the car and still 'no data'. I tried connecting to the home WiFi and that was fine, but no Live (hardly ever use it) and no live mapping etc. Yesterday, all was well. However, I have no idea if that's because of the top up or because whatever issue 3 was having is now resolved. This was a pre pay 24GB SiM and as stated before.m, I refuse to believe I have chomped through all that in only 8 months.

G

·
3 are dire. I was all for chucking my data SIM away and ordering a new one as I cannot access their site or speak to anyone to see how much data remains. However, on looking in the car, 'Mobile Data' under 'Connectivity' it tells me I have used 76mb. Assuming all is well with the pre loaded sim after all, 24GB there will are out my ownership which is another two years yet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if you got the problem resolved but mine was the same. Infotainment saying I used all my data yet plenty left.

I went into the connectivity settings and turned off the mobile data toggle. Waited for 5 mins and turned the toggle back on. The error went away and hasn't returned yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.