Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmm... this petition doesn't seem that popular ( 22 signed so far) so I guess it hasn't been that widely publicised.
There are probably a few of us, and not just on the epace forum that have dug deep into their retirement pockets to buy the car they always promised themselves. There has to be a cut off point somewhere (I suppose) but really, should I have to pay a huge extra whack of over £300 a year more tax than a car owner that has bought a car costing a 'mere' £39,999.99?

A £39,999.99 car is still quite a luxury in most peoples' eyes. There has to be a fairer way... surely...?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... this petition doesn't seem that popular ( 22 signed so far) so I guess it hasn't been that widely publicised.
There are probably a few of us, and not just on the epace forum that have dug deep into their retirement pockets to buy the car they always promised themselves. There has to be a cut off point somewhere (I suppose) but really, should I have to pay a huge extra whack of over £300 a year more tax than a car owner that has bought a car costing a 'mere' £39,999.99?

A £39,999.99 car is still quite a luxury in most peoples' eyes. There has to be a fairer way... surely...?
What happens is people just let the government do what they want
They can give away millions
But want to screw it’s own people
🤯😱😬

·
Registered
294 Posts
The petition is pointless now as years have passed since it was introduced. It is a stealth tax pure and simple. If it was in anyway justifiable the 40k threshold would have been increased in line with car prices which have gone up far more by comparison and it’s still 40k. Still it’s fine because our salaries have kept pace in that time NOT 😡.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts