Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Ceramic Coating

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Pwood 
#1 ·
Should be picking new car up end of Nov beginning of Dec and am looking into getting a ceramic coating done. Have been advised by one company its only really worth it if i intend keeping the car more than 3 years, which is my intention at the moment but i have been known to change my mind :roll: . I have been quoted £500 and wondered if this was reasonable. Also has anyone had it done and what are your opinions on this.
Car is a P250 HSE R-Dynamic in Narvick black with black pack and black wheels.

#2 ·
I own a VW T6 and I had it Ceramic coated. Absolutely brilliant and worth every penny. I have had the van from new and the depth of shine after the coating is amazing.
£500 is the going rate and it should take 2-3 days to do it properly.
Mines was done by a small firm in Worcester. I can dig out the details if you wish.
The only thing is that you have to wash the car yourself from then on in as any harsh chemicals (frequently used by roadside car washes) will strip the coating.
I 100% recommend getting it done and it will be one of the first jobs on ours when it arrives.

#5 ·
The Pros and cons of ceramic coatings are many. If you are intent on getting the car coated you should be asking what level of paint correction are they doing before adding the coating as once applied any micro swirl will stick out like a sore thumb especially on black and 500 is very reasonable. Ideally do not have the dealer valet that car on handover have it done by the detailer as less damage to repair.

I just changed from gloss black car with gloss black wheels and have been into the detailing thing for ages and really urge you to ensure washing technique it's done correctly before spending all that money only for you to ruin it at the first wash. The detailer should provide advice on that front. Car washes and car wash bays have to be avoided. ceramics can still scratch and correcting that is less straight forward than a standard polish and sealant/ wax.

Detailingworld is a good site to research the pros and cons. Tons on YouTube regards correct wash process.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=400226

#6 ·
luis88 said:
Hi, with the ceramic coating, is it just like the promo videos where the water droplets literally roll off the paint and nothing sticks? Or is that fancy graphic work ;)?
Any decent sealant will shed water really well if the paint is polished and prepared well enough. ceramics tend to be at the top of the tree and last longer if cured using the correct heat lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.