Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting patiently for my new EPace to be built.

Like others I have been given ever delayed build dates from Sept, Oct, Nov and now I have just had the call I was dreading now Dec but I can no longer have the interactive driver display.

Now this was the first option I ticked the one I really wanted so my gut instinct is to throw in the towel and cancel the order. Trying to really think about this though as all manufacturers have issues and I doubt I'll be able to get anything else anyway.

Has anyone got the newer none full screen displays and are they any good. Really in two minds here do I just accept it and not have the car I want or give up but still not have the car I want but perhaps have the option in the future.

Some one convince me it is worth sticking with the order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Difficult. How important is the head up display to you. For me it would be nice but not bothered but it's your choice. Wrestle with it for a few days. If your dates are the same as mine and they seem to go in quarters and not actual dates; you can make changes to your order until 18 November according to Vista2.

The dates we are receiving for built dates and delivery seem to be at the end of a quarter or 3 months. Cars might arrive at any time in that quarter. Okay, dreaming.
They couldn't make the quarter ending 29 October so I'm delivery at the end of January now. Still accepting my 3D surround camera and all season tyres on a HSE.
To help you decide. Drive past other brand showrooms and they're empty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What model have you ordered, is it a model that should include the interactive display like HSE or a model where you have added it as an option?

Personally I cancelled when I was told I couldn't have the options I wanted. I then purchased a very low mileage approved used which I'm treating as an extended test drive until I can get the exact spec I want. This has proved useful because I've change my mind about what I want when I do eventually order new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered the RDynamic Black with interactive display as well as some other options. Really torn at the moment as I waited this long (ordered early June) just so gutted they pulled the option from me as it was one of my must haves when I ordered the vehicle.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The new main screen is so big and brilliant I would say don't get too caught up about the drivers display. I got a dealer stock car without it and am glad I didn't waste more cash on it to be honest. Nice to have but real world issues with chips suggests cancelling puts you further down the list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My extended dates into December and January also shows the date to change options extended. In my case 18th November when originally July!!! So not a case of reorder if options dropped or changed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder how it is with the 360° camera. When I ordered my E pace it was a standard feature, now it is an option.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My order includes the option of a 3D camera on an r dynamic HSE. My understanding is that the camera was an option MY22. But what do I know so many variables. Have a chat with your dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I popped into the dealer yesterday and took a little look at the display on a car they had in the show room. I am going to stick with it I think, not quite what I wanted but there is so much more I like about the car.

The dealer did say that they have had to ring round customers as both Interactive Driver displays and 3D cameras are affected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I popped into the dealer yesterday and took a little look at the display on a car they had in the show room. I am going to stick with it I think, not quite what I wanted but there is so much more I like about the car.

The dealer did say that they have had to ring round customers as both Interactive Driver displays and 3D cameras are affected.

If you Google “Jaguar Availability “ a useful Jaguar page comes up giving you the lead times for all variants as at 7 October 21.
Mainly 6-9 months or 12 months. BUT
Importantly it states time from date of order. So for me sometime between December and March. Earlier would be Surprise🥳

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Wendev,

Can you post the website? I can't find it in Google (Dutch language).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you ordered about the same time I did as taking that lead time into account I should also expect it between December and March.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update, I collected my car this week on 15th Dec without the full digital dash so 6 months from order.

I am really pleased with it and the smaller digital dash is not that small and still impressive. I ended up opting for the wireless charger instead of the digital dash but wish I had known about the iPhone 12/13 issues before.

Thank you all for your help with making my decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been waiting patiently for my new EPace to be built.

Like others I have been given ever delayed build dates from Sept, Oct, Nov and now I have just had the call I was dreading now Dec but I can no longer have the interactive driver display.

Now this was the first option I ticked the one I really wanted so my gut instinct is to throw in the towel and cancel the order. Trying to really think about this though as all manufacturers have issues and I doubt I'll be able to get anything else anyway.

Has anyone got the newer none full screen displays and are they any good. Really in two minds here do I just accept it and not have the car I want or give up but still not have the car I want but perhaps have the option in the future.

Some one convince me it is worth sticking with the order.
Hi, I’m in your position waiting. I have at each extension of dates phoned two other brands and they live with uncertainty too.
I did eventually cave in on the 3D camera on advice from the dealership but as the post below states that option they wouldn’t remove.
If I could go into a showroom and buy another car today I would but I like my gadgets and high spec which is hard to find on available cars.
I can get a non JLR hybrid but don’t want that. So waiting.
Dealer did say to me that they won’t know when the car is to be built until it is and ready for shipping, so hopefully next quarter. When people say on here that their d200s are arriving I’ll be happy as most in the past months have been the hybrid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts