Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light on my 2018 epace came on a couple of days ago. I was travelling and had not used the car for 3 weeks. Took her to get refuelled and gave her a wash. Noticed the amber light on my way home, after driving approx 50 miles. Thought the gas cap could be an issue. Tightened the gas cap and took her for another spin ~20 miles but the light is still on. Anyone else faced a similar issue. The incontrol app shows DPF clean and efficient but I am not too confident in the app. Car seems to be running okay.

·
Registered
294 Posts
from the IGUIDE on Apple / Android App
The check engine warning lamp illuminates when the vehicle's ignition is switched on.
The lamp remains illuminated until the engine starts. If the lamp illuminates when the engine is running, an emissions-related fault has been detected. The vehicle remains safe to drive with the lamp illuminated, although qualified assistance should be sought as soon as possible.
With the lamp illuminated, the vehicle may enter limp-home mode. Limp-home mode reduces vehicle performance to safeguard against any further damage to the vehicle. See limp-home mode.
If the check engine warning lamp flashes when the engine is running, reduce the vehicle's speed as soon as it is safe to do so. Seek qualified assistance immediately.

50miles on a motorway or fast A road would surely have burnt off whatever so it’s clearly needing checked asap. It’s feasible your may have contaminated fuel I suppose given your post infers warning was after refuelling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from the IGUIDE on Apple / Android App
The check engine warning lamp illuminates when the vehicle's ignition is switched on.
The lamp remains illuminated until the engine starts. If the lamp illuminates when the engine is running, an emissions-related fault has been detected. The vehicle remains safe to drive with the lamp illuminated, although qualified assistance should be sought as soon as possible.
With the lamp illuminated, the vehicle may enter limp-home mode. Limp-home mode reduces vehicle performance to safeguard against any further damage to the vehicle. See limp-home mode.
If the check engine warning lamp flashes when the engine is running, reduce the vehicle's speed as soon as it is safe to do so. Seek qualified assistance immediately.

50miles on a motorway or fast A road would surely have burnt off whatever so it’s clearly needing checked asap. It’s feasible your may have contaminated fuel I suppose given your post infers warning was after refuelling

·
Registered
84 Posts
The warning light can come on for all sorts of different reasons. It needs a diagnostic device plugging in to find out what it thinks is wrong so yes get it checked by a garage. If you have jaguar assistance (& extended warranty) its probably worth calling them first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts