Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

when closing the engine bonnet, it seems to me that we have to push so heavy in order to close it properly. Otherwise we get a "diagonal" closing, where one side is locked and the other is free. I have observed the same problem on the 2 exemplars displayed in the Geneva AutoShow last week.

Have you observed something similar?

Cheers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Today I noticed two small marks on the return edge of my bonnet where the paint has been worn off through to the primer. These are directly in front of the wiper arm spindles so I suspect that either the bonnet is not mounted correctly or the wipers are catching on the bonnet.

Although you can only see them from the drivers seat it is nevertheless very annoying and will undoubtedly mean the car will have to go back to the dealers for an investigation and fix. I wasn't expecting the paintwork to be touched up on a two week old car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to read that you have these marks. I've seen similar damage on at least two cars (in a showroom and a demo car). It looks like the wipers were used (auto-mode ?) with the bonnet open. At least, that is how I tried to explain the damage in the past but interested to learn what your dealer makes of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts