Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit surprised to find that the 180 bhp 2.0 Ingenium diesel in my E-Pace sounds coarser than the older 2.2 diesel in my earlier Freelander 2 at low revs.

How are others finding theirs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also had the 2.2 diesel in the free lander and the Evoque, tbh I think my 2.0 diesel in the 180 is perhaps smoother but at the moment def not as resposive but it is early days yet ( only 430 miles )

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Briany said:
I also had the 2.2 diesel in the free lander and the Evoque, tbh I think my 2.0 diesel in the 180 is perhaps smoother but at the moment def not as resposive but it is early days yet ( only 430 miles )
That was my initial impression too. The coarseness emerged at around 1,000 miles - I'm now up to around 1700.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know it's largely subjective but I find the BP Ultima or the Shell V something, provides smoother running and definitely around 4-5 mpg more than supermarket base diesel. I haven't worked any figures out re. value for money...but give it a try if you haven't already.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrisp said:
I know it's largely subjective but I find the BP Ultima or the Shell V something, provides smoother running and definitely around 4-5 mpg more than supermarket base diesel. I haven't worked any figures out re. value for money...but give it a try if you haven't already.
I'm a long time user of Shell V Power but might try there BP Ultima to see if there is any difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts