Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully some of you gents can help me. I am considering buying an E Pace and have been looking at a few nearly new cars. Some are R Dynamic and some are not. As far as I can see the difference is just body styling and flappy paddles. There doesn't seem to be any performance difference.
Is there something else that I am missing?
Regards

·
Registered
79 Posts
Flappy paddles, front fog lights and a bit more bling. I've got a P250 HSE R Dynamic which has all the toys and I'm still in love with it after 2 1/2 years. The new 2021 models are nearly all R Dynamic, except for the base models. Although some people complain about their cars mine has only had to visit the dealer twice, once to have the infotainment system updated to install Apple CarPlay etc and once with the water pump problem that many of us experienced. Better record than previous offerings from VW, BMW and Mercedes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
when I bought mine (ex demonstrator) I quizzed the salesman about the R Dynamic and concluded it wouldn't be worth paying for that new but if the used car had that pack I'd be quite happy, so for me a very nice to have but not essential. If R Dynamic makes a difference to nearly new prices I'd advise you to focus on getting an HSE with the engine you want, and maybe some extras like the panoramic roof or gesture tailgate

·
Registered
79 Posts
If buying new then the standard range is only available as S or SE with a limited range of engines. In the UK the HSE and the more powerful engines are only available in R Dynamic trim. Check out the website.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Late to the discussion but my tuppence worth.

If it's new there are questions around whether you want to go under or over the £40k price. If you're not worried then the better equipped car is the better option. I got the R Dynamic S with the P200 engine. I got under the £40K with a good set of options but would have dearly like to have added the memory seat option and probably the dynamic handling - but that was going to be far too much! I prefer the look of the R Dynamic and love the flappy paddles as they are far more useful than using the left hand on the gear lever. I went new as a special treat although in the past I've made the most of nearly new cars and the obvious price advantage. Also someone else has to spend around 6 months nursing the car through it's running in time.

Lastly if resale values are important then it's surprising which models are the more sought after and hence command a better resale price but also better finance options.

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much for these comments guys. I have bought a 2018 P250 HSE today. Now busy wading through the manual to find out how everything works. Could be here a while. May be back for more advice soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.