Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In 30 years of driving I have had my first Windscreen crack that requires a replacement. A stone hit it and within a minute I had a foot long crack on the passenger side.

It is booked in for replacement Wednesday next week as unsurprisingly they have to order in.

When booking they mentioned it will need to be taken to the dealers to get a sensor reset. Being Saturday I can not phone the dealer until next week.

Does anyone know what sensor it is? I assume something like lane keep assist which I have turned off

Iain

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Ian,
By bizarre coincidence my windscreen is being replaced on Wednesday. I've been told that I need to get the cameras recalibrated by jaguar after the windscreen is fitted. My understanding is that these are for automatic emergency braking, traffic sign recognition and possibly for the adaptive cruise control.
Anyway, Jag tell me that it will only take 15 minutes so fingers crossed it won't be an ordeal.
Good luck!
D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure I am encouraged by Ian and D's posts. - Had my Epace for 10days - 500 miles - when a 10 inch crack developed yesterday , before my eyes on the lower right drivers side.
Checked, and there was a small chip in the middle of the crack.
My first cracked windscreen in 45 years driving, and had lots of stone chips on various cars .
This is mid summer, no change of temperatures, car being driven carefully / 'running it in".
Now very worried about durability of the replacement being fitted. Also concerned that this may mean the windscreen is subject to to much stress.
Bill

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too had a stone chip in my first 500 miles. Fortunately it has remained a tiny stone chip. I am very interested in the outcome of a replacement windscreen. I presume it is still heated (assuming the present one is) and the image of the jaguar and her cub is there on the bottom left? Otherwise it is not a like for like replacement. I would love to hear from those who have actually experienced a replacement and how it went.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I would be interested to know how the replacement windscreens worked out - did you one with the cub images on it?
I have a crack in my windscreen so before I initiate the claim I'd like to know if it is possible to get the cub version via an insurance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I assume that you need to have it replaced by Jaguar in order to keep the jaguar & cub images on it. Plus they will recalibrate the sensor right away.

·
Registered
166 Posts
had mine replaced a while back by Autoglass through my insurance, not an OEM screen so no Jag and cub sadly, but they did recalibrate the sensor so it all works fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts