Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the standard cars cruise control brake to maintain speed as well as accelerate?
My old Evoque didn't and meant you could easily exceed the speed limit if you were gong down hill :(

G

·
I don't believe so. If I have gone over the set speed it just warns me I have on the dash but it doesn't hold me back and if I lift off the accelerator then it just slows gently to the set speed

·
Registered
22 Posts
I originally found that the car wouldn't break going downhill but for some reason on a trip to Glasgow it started working !
I did select the speed limiter by mistake then cancelled the braking started working.
It has now returned to its old state of not working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit of a nuisance having to brake to keep the car down to the set cruise speed setting when going downhill/slopes. You have to be sure to do this at speed (whoops..safety) cameras or you could get a ticket. I haven't noticed this on my previous BMWs and Mercs.
I have now downloaded the app Radarbot Pro onto my phone and I find this much better than the standard warnings on the car's dash map since it actually talks to me on the approach to cameras and also average speed camera 'section controls', especially in urban situations where they come thick and fast. I just connect my phone to the USB cable and let the app take some of the tension out of modern traffic conditions. Just do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes my bmw and even wife's mini applies brakes as well as accelerator to maintain constant speed.
Very poor by JLR to omit this ☹
Seems just a software omission as car can apply brakes in emergencies

·
Registered
195 Posts
All others - including my previous Golf 6 and 7 - do brake, the E-Pace doesn't. If you drive slightly downhill, the car exceeds the fixed speed by far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts