Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few times up to now, I suddenly had a yellow triangle with "Cruise not available" on the display while driving with cruise control on - the last time was today, at the beginning of a 250km highway drive... quite annoying...

Attachments

G

·
I don't get a week go by without something just glitching. Sometimes the reversing camera doesn't go on, sometimes the parking sensors don't trigger etc etc

It's just not stable !

I still love it though 😀

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happened again. This time, I stopped, stopped the engine and opened the door. After restarting the engine, it was working again. Therefore, malfunction not due to obstructed sensors like the dealer tried to explain...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was going to say turn ignition off (hit the stop button) and restart. Always clears the fault. Mines not done it for a few months now. Seemed to be a summer issue. Maybe high ambient temperatures. Although maybe an accidental double tap of set or resume whilst driving. Maybe a sign of things to come. British cars, electrical problems, yeah yeah yeah

·
Registered
196 Posts
ctoneman said:
I don't get a week go by without something just glitching. Sometimes the reversing camera doesn't go on, sometimes the parking sensors don't trigger etc etc

It's just not stable !

I still love it though 😀
I agree and have the same problems! Cruise not available , parking sensors not working, blind spot cameras not available. USB stick starting at the first track AGAIN!!
Have you had any more software updates, is Version 5 available yet??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pickythemove said:
Mine will have a software update in a few weeks - but it'll be Phase 4, I guess...
You are aware the look of the central display will change significantly?

It must be time for phase 5 I feel, as I'm still getting problems with phase 4, as is cstoneman!

G

·
I had the latest Phase 4 update and things are relatively stable now for the last two weeks anyway. Front parking sensors remain a complete law to themselves, sometimes it " whoa stop mate" and mostly " I can't be arsed to work mate, your on your own"

·
Registered
40 Posts
The front parking sensors come on only if you've done a reversing manoeuvre first. You can change the setting so that they come on all the time of you're going slowly enough. Press the cog button on the parking aid popup to get to this setting.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can select the parking sensors to be on when approaching an obstacle by touching the Parking sensor icon on the central display, 2nd from the left on RHD car. If you want to turn them off temporarily you can also touch this icon, there is an orange line/light under it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MalcolmD said:
Pickythemove said:
Mine will have a software update in a few weeks - but it'll be Phase 4, I guess...
You are aware the look of the central display will change significantly?

It must be time for phase 5 I feel, as I'm still getting problems with phase 4, as is cstoneman!
I guess I will have to live with that... but at least they told me they wouldn't charge me for the update. To be continued...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took delivery of my P300 E-Pace from Stratstone Jaguar Mayfair on 30th January this year. An ex Jaguar Management car, now with 3,500 miles on the clock. Had the Cruise not available warning last week. Cleared when I restarted the car.

Other issues with the infotainment include inability to make phone calls using Bluetooth, phone pairs but will not connect. No voice guidance from the Satnav and Voice Commands not working! Not sure why someone at Jaguar did not get these issues fixed before releasing the car as approved used. So the car collected on Monday of this week in order that these issues could be fixed.

Had a call from the service department today; in fairness a very professional and helpful service manager who had the courtesy to bite the bullet and give me the bad news. Phase 4 should fix these problems and it was available from Jaguar last week. However, there must have been some issues with the early installs of Phase 4 as it is now on "Suspension". Expected to be available some time in March. Estimated time to load the update is 3 hours.

The irony of the issue with Bluetooth is that my phone worked fine in my previous F-Type and no problem whatsoever in the XF 2.0d that I have on loan!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes phase 4 doesn't seem to clear all the bugs. Today I reversed initially and then as I drove away the rear camera picture froze on the screen and it wouldn't clear until I switched off and re-started.
My initial request for Phase 4 was to with the Media loading a USB stick. I still have some days where it remembers the track it last played and some days where it starts at track 1 again, very annoying!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
QUOTE "Had a call from the service department today; in fairness a very professional and helpful service manager who had the courtesy to bite the bullet and give me the bad news. Phase 4 should fix these problems and it was available from Jaguar last week. However, there must have been some issues with the early installs of Phase 4 as it is now on "Suspension". Expected to be available some time in March. Estimated time to load the update is 3 hours."

My dealer has confirmed that the phase 4 update has been suspended, which he says is usually a sign that a new update will be released shortly!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts