Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

As per title .. would be nice to have this thread as your 1st thoughts from members who have actually ordered a new E Pace (to include spec etc) and would be great for you all to provide some feedback on initial thoughts of your baby cub .. quality and drive experience etc

so I am just getting up to speed with customer orders, so has anyone actually received their E Pace yet ? if not what are the 1st delivery dates that we can expect ?

best regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sadly my dealer informed me in the first week of December that my promised delivery for Jan 1 had slipped to something like mid Feb (6 weeks after the revised production slot in Austria). I cancelled the order so sorry - won't be able to give you any future update.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello .. don't blame you to be honest

we are not placing our order now, looking at other car manufacturers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bradipo62 said:
pjm007 said:
Check out the new Volvo XC40. Good deals available on the First Edition models. Two engines only so far - a D4 diesel and a T5 petrol.
If you're not looking for a sporty driving, then it might be the right choice.
140mph and 0-60 in 6.2. Sounds sporty enough for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And the D4 isn't sluggish - 131 top speed and 0-60mph in 7.6 (0-100kph in 7.9). However I think the comment was more about the driving style. The Volvo isn't set up to be "sporty" - it's safe and steady.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not able to comment on the set up or how it drives as I haven't yet had an opportunity to test drive one. As far as I know they are not in the showrooms yet. I will comment on that once I have driven it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as equipment and price are concerned I'm sure the xc40 will provide some competition for the Epace

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my E-Pace on 15th July, two days after it was launched, promised for delivery on 1st November - ha ha!
Waited until 3rd October to see one in the showroom, and finally had a test drive on 19th December.
Promised delivery on 12th January, last Friday, but no sign of it - perhaps Monday 15th January, yesterday; failed again.
My car was allegedly built on 15th December, but neither the dealer nor Jaguar UK can tell me where it is beyond 'in transit with Logistics'.
Strange, isn't it, that I can track a pair of shoes from supplier to my front door every step of the way, but a major car manufacturer can 'lose' a £48K asset somewhere in Europe!

My spec:
2.0 petrol R-Dynamic S auto, silicon silver
14 way electric memory seats, 19 inch 10 spoke wheels, panoramic roof
head up display, interactive driver display, light oyster/ebony leather, powered tailgate, 360 surround cameras, 4 splash guards.

This year, next year, sometime, never - who knows? If only the dealer were honest I could handle the wait, but ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brian
Seems to be the same record being played by most people. Agree with everything you've said. I too find it hard to believe Jaguar are unable to track or know where the vehicles are. My next build date is Friday so start of the countdown again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I called my dealer this morning to enquire if petrol versions are currently being made. Their petrol demonstrator arrived a few days ago, albeit delayed from having been promised for delivery before Christmas, so hopefully there is no petrol build delay to April.

The Audi Q2 2.0 turbo, unavailable when I ordered the E-Pace, is now available at a much lower price and even less via Car wow, so I will not tolerate any further extended delay.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts