Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a dash cam fitted yet? Had alook around and decided on a Nextbase Duo HD model (Which recommended), without the messy cables. Just looking for anyones experience as Halfords can hardwire fit it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the Nextbase 312GW. I hardwired it myself by piggybacking off a fuse in the passenger footer and running the wire inside the A-pillar and ceiling lining.

It took about 15 minutes to install myself and there's only a tiny bit of wire showing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pg562 said:
I've got the Nextbase 312GW. I hardwired it myself by piggybacking off a fuse in the passenger footer and running the wire inside the A-pillar and ceiling lining.

It took about 15 minutes to install myself and there's only a tiny bit of wire showing.
Excellent, many thanks. Will tackle next weekend, glad to see that the cables can be hidden.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Goathland said:
pg562 said:

Excellent, many thanks. Will tackle next weekend, glad to see that the cables can be hidden.
Hi Goathland,

Sorry if a silly question, but where in the passenger footer is the fuse. Can you do a picture. I am currently running mine through the 12V socket.

Thanks
PhilS

·
Registered
12 Posts
pg562 said:

Hi,

which fuses in the passenger footer did you use for the cabeling? Fuse No. for "ignition" and fuse No. for "permanent electricity" ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an all in one mirror cam from Amazon - cheap as chips but works brilliantly. Using front 12v for time being with cable hidden in room liner, down a pillar and under dash. All very neat. Camera also comes with rear camera run to back in similar fashion. Neat and great pictures for the price!

G

·
Hi,
I've just been to Halfords to look at their dash cams. The guy in there said I couldn't have one with GPS because of the automatic braking? I can't see why this would be a problem and can see some of you have got dash cams fitted. Were they easy to fit? I'm presuming via the fuse box but want to wnsure no drilling required. Also have yours got GPS? Thanks

G

·
I have a NextBase 512GW and it works really well. I bought the hardware kit and got a local auto electrician to install. He charged about £60 and it is a perfect job with nothing showing. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a lovely car and have all wires hanging down into 12v outlets.

It powers on as soon as I unlock the car.

G

·
Thank you. Just brought the Next Base 412GW and Halfords are wiring in next Wed. Hoping they do a good job! Spoke to a different guy about the GPS and he couldn't understand what the other chap meant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't believe dash cams are not standard equipment in this day and age, or at least a factory option.

We've been using a Blackvue for the last three years, and while it's performed well, it's a bit pricey. Might get a Street Guardian for the E-Pace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a Nextbase 512GW and paid Halfords the extra for hard-wire fitting. It worked brilliantly for 18 months, then began switching itself off (with annoying chimes) every half hour or so. The switch-off time gradually shortened until it refused to come on at all. Resetting the unit worked for a while, but it has become too unreliable and will be scrapped for something else when I change cars later this year. Halfords couldn't help because it was well out of warranty, and I can understand that. I know plenty of people with far better experiences of the 512GW than mine have been. Maybe I got a dud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts