Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Its been back to the dealer who have done a "software update" but this hasn't cured it. Both screens turned themselves off again, this time for about 30 mins on the motorway leaving us with no speedo, sat nav, phone connect, fuel gauge etc. Very dangerous and illegal so we have decided to reject the car and return it to the dealer. They have offered to order us a new car but also warned us that there has been other E Paces and Land Rover Discovery and Evoques with the same issue. They told us the new car could have the same problem! So it would appear JLR have a gremlin in their software which they are unable to fix and are still manufacturing the vehicles! I'm shocked that this may be the case

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would have thought that if this was a common issue as your dealer suggests then we'd have a long thread on here about it like the SIM card problem.
Have you checked the LR Discovery and Evoque forums to see if it is a common fault with those two models?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Alan, yes I'd have thought there would have been more too. I will check those forums too. I'm starting to wonder that the dealer doesn't want us to re order just in case it does happen again and he's left with another nearly new car which he has had to buy back at a loss! He as good as said so. Currently we are looking to take up his offer of having another built, however the sticking point is whether or not he will provide us with a loan vehicle until the replacement arrives in January. I'm not clear on our legal position with regards to the costs of cancelling current insurance, taking private plate off, and cancelling tyre and wheel policies that we had on the original vehicle?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just recently I had the centre display freeze trying to accept an incoming phone call, it rebooted itself after a few minutes. Then yesterday had cruise control fail, this was restored after stopping for petrol & then restart. Am in discussion with dealer about a software check, already on phase 4, is there a 5 more yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts