Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new Jaguar and reading about all this technology I'm finding it a bit overwhelming. I'm sure it will all make sense when I have the opportunity to have a play!

Can someone tell me please if the data sim is essential for anything else other than running wifi in the car? Do any of the functions operate off the back of having a sim installed?

Thanks 馃檪

Registered
I hunted for a cheap sim and came up with ID mobile, 拢3.99 month for 500 GB. Because i work away from home 3 weeks at a time, i disable the sim cos my wife is not interested in gadgetry. It works well for me as the data which is not used rolls over to the next month so it's a win win for me. It is also a monthly rolling contract so can be cancelled at ant time. I think it's on the 3 network which has pretty good coverage.

Registered
murchison2003 said:
I hunted for a cheap sim and came up with ID mobile, 拢3.99 month for 500 GB. Because i work away from home 3 weeks at a time, i disable the sim cos my wife is not interested in gadgetry. It works well for me as the data which is not used rolls over to the next month so it's a win win for me. It is also a monthly rolling contract so can be cancelled at ant time. I think it's on the 3 network which has pretty good coverage.
拢3.99 for 500 GB or MB?! I am pretty sure you meant MB.

Registered

Registered
colin666 said:
This is what I use -

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-with-12gb-data.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTOGpKOuS2H2wq2bm0XqJ8VmenheAqxzt1PyYhlpmlZj4V5BeVMi8R8aAofEEALw_wcB

拢28 for 12GB data (up to 12 months). Works out cheaper than any monthly plan - assuming it lasts 12 months, I have no idea how much data it actually uses! Our Jag dealer recommended it funnily enough!
I will go for this one, many thanks!

Registered
Looking at the usage on my SIM, I notice that on the first day of use, it sent three text messages to the short code 789921. I'm guessing these are to do with registration or something, but thought I'd mention it in case they are important in set up. It might mean that we need to make sure any SIM we use supports SMS. Also, if you use the share ETA function, I think that can send SMS too.

G

colin666 said:
This is what I use -

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-with-12gb-data.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTOGpKOuS2H2wq2bm0XqJ8VmenheAqxzt1PyYhlpmlZj4V5BeVMi8R8aAofEEALw_wcB

拢28 for 12GB data (up to 12 months). Works out cheaper than any monthly plan - assuming it lasts 12 months, I have no idea how much data it actually uses! Our Jag dealer recommended it funnily enough!
Hello ...

This is the one that I used in our FType and when I had my XES .... you may find the time will expire before you use all the DATA
I made sure data roaming was off in the settings to help

regards

G

colin666 said:
This is what I use -

This is one that's just been delivered today - now in the car is it a SIM, Micro-SIM or Nano-SIM ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts